The Doorkeeper: E-book Contest 2 - write a chapter, win a prize!At the outset, a reminder: read the instructions!
All those who registered for this contest can submit their entries in this thread. Each member can submit only one chapter.
The title of the e-book: The Doorkeeper
What you have to do:
1. Submit the chapter in the order of registration, of minimum 200 words and maximum 300 words only. No chapter title is required. If you wish, you can give one link (not more) to any related internal page of ISC (any section.)
2. Submit your entry in English only. You are not to edit your chapter once submitted, as it will create confusion to the next participant if you suddenly change something. However, you can correct typo errors within your time limit of 24hrs. (IST time)
3. You should submit your chapter in a manner which is relevant to the e-book title and develop the story from the previously submitted chapters. Present it in a manner which will enable the next participant to pick up the story nicely.
4. You can include conversations/dialogues. You can also introduce a new character / give a name to an unnamed character already mentioned, but do not needlessly include extra characters and make the story confusing.
5. You can introduce any type of element in the story - romance, humour, horror, mystery, etc. However, do not submit anything indecent and do not use inappropriate language.
Note: As per the chapter number based on the order of registration, you should submit your text within 24 hours of the time of submission of the previous chapter. If you fail to do so, then the next person in line will take it up.
Everyone is requested not to make any comments or give any feedback on any of the chapters submitted by participants. You may do so later, in the winners' announcement thread. In case you do have any query or are confused about the contest, please submit your query only in this thread.
1. The authors of the two best chapters will each receive an award of Rs.150/- and the virtual gift of the certificate of creativity.
2. Two second prizes of Rs.100/- + virtual gift of appreciation.
3. One or two consolation prizes of Rs.75/- + virtual gift of fresh flowers.
4. All participants will receive enhanced points & cash credits as per the quality of the entry. Winners will get 10 points to their entry, but no cc for it as their main prizes will be credited to their profile account.