You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

India's first female union leader honored today

One of the oldest textile unions is the Ahemadabad Textile labour association was founded by Anusuya Sarabhai in 1920, whose google doodle is featured today. Born in a Jain family and orphaned at a very young age, she studied at the London school of economics later on to be influenced by Mahatama Gandhi. Seeing the plight of females weavers, she stood for their rights, she fought for weavers wages to be increased.She is also the aunt of Vikarm Sarabhai, father of India's space program.She was born on 11th November 1885 as passed away in 1972.
    Glad to see that our Indian lady is honored in Google, who is a pioneer of women's labor movement in India. Google has honored with this doodle on her in 132nd birth anniversary. Her doodle was created by Maria Qamar, a Pakistani Canadian artist.

It is very nice to hear about India,'s first female union of president of India. It is really a happy moment to know that she has worked for the welfare of women workers. It is really great that google has honoured this lady on her birthday.
    drrao
    always confident

On her birthday, my respect to Anasuya Sarabhai. Her contribution to labour movement has now been known all over the world.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Glad to know that Anusuya Sarabhai is honoured on her birthday itself. Also, interesting to know that her birthday is on November 11th as today is my birthday too.
    Regards
    Chitra
    "Do not give up, things might not favour you always"

It was good to have a union in olden days as meeting or communicating with higher-up was found difficult. But later day by day because of unions many organizations either lost their charm or getting vanished. In spite of the managements providing good facilities, unions are tempting the employees for their sake and thereby making them to strand in streets.

Such remembrances are good. I had read about this leader quite long ago. But was not at all in my mind now. Today when I saw the Google doodle and searched on the matter, I could recall what I had read long ago. At least now the name will get reinforced better. Google deserves a thanks for that.

• Sign In to post your comments