You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Entire country must stand beside Rafia Naaz

The young woman teaches Yoga at Ranchi, the capital of Jharkhand. She likes it, she loves it and she has learnt it. Now she has been trying to share her knowledge with other people in the locality. She did not speak against anybody, she did not create any controversy. But even then, a group of religious leaders issued a fatwa against her.

But the fatwa was not an end. To prove that these leaders mean business, her house was attacked. Stone-pelting was going on when she was being interviewed by a TV channel. The young woman is now terrified.

Yoga-guru Baba Ramdev has come out in her support. Maulana Saif Abbas, a Shia cleric, has come out in her support. Both of them have advised people not to mix religion with Yoga.

Now the common people of India must express solidarity with the young woman, Ms. Rafia Naaz. Steps must be taken so that she can continue teaching Yoga to her students,
    Let us not come to any conclusion. There are many similar examples in our country. Not all can stand with resistance and perseverance. The support will not be like this for ever. At some weak point they will either succumb or suffer as victims. We are seeing and hearing this from the case of world famous writers, journalists and bloggers.

Many who talk about intolerance should know what , where and how is 'intolerance' .

Yes we must stand with Rafia Naaz for her courage to learn yoga and imparting the training too to others. It is bad on the Muslim clergy to issue fatwa against her and that has induced the hooligans to take action against her. Good that Baba Ramdev supports her cause and so is the entire nation. Yoga is the process of exercise which eases our body from tension and takes us to transcendental stage. In these days of stress and over work, we need some kind of relaxed mood to further prepare ourselves for great tasks ahead and for that Yoga proves the better way to recharge our body.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I fail to understand why some people have issued a Fatwa to against her. Whys was some people doing stone pelleting in her house. Why these activities? Can the people explain? It is good that Ramdev Baba has come to her support. Religion is different and yoga is different. Why these two to be seen in conjunction? The Indian society should say that she is not at fault and she should be allowed to do her own work. Many people talk about intolerance? Is it not that. Learned members can come out openly to support her,
    drrao
    always confident

Yes, I agree we must stand with Rafia Naz and against the people who summons such dictats on the name of relegion.
    These dictats have nothing to do anything with relegion these are just to create controversy and stay on news but such things ruin the life of innocent people against whom these are given.
    Media should not give much attention to such attention seeker instead come forward to support people like Rafia Naz who have shown guts to do something unique by being above all the narrow mindedness and religion politics.

"It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

I am sorry to point out that this is the true nature of secularism practised in present India. It is quite natural that seculars and liberals are observing silence on this issue. Now, the common people of India must decide whether the country requires this type of secularism, or not.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

I completely agree with Partha. The religious fanatics of Islam and Hinduism are behaving in an intolerant manner with each other. What connection yoga has to do with religion? Why her house should be ransacked by some Muslims for the simple reason that she is teaching yoga? I do not understand why some people of other religions asking her to change her name as reported by the Times of India? She knows what she is doing and she ascertained that she will continue with teaching yoga. Some clerics coming to her support is appreciable. Fanatics of Hinduism also resorting to the killing of people in the name of Cow Protection. It is time we all should stand united behind the victims of religious intolerance
    " Be Good and Do Good "

I am glad that Mr. Rao agrees with me. Now a simple question. Tonnes of newsprint have been used to write about Akhlaq/Pehlu Khan. Thousands of TV hours have been spent to discuss these two cases. How many pages have been written, how many hours have been spent to discuss the murders of Prashant Pujari/Sanjeev Patel/Dipankar Roy.? How many people know why these people have been murdered? Are these murders less important than the murders which are being discussed everywhere?

No doubt, Indian secularism and liberalism is in full flow!

It is natural that the Government of the day comes under criticism about the incidents to which it turns a blind eye. I do not know who is Rafia Naaz until she came into prominence due to the fatwa. Anyhow, we are discussing it now thanks to you. Who are these people mentioned above?
    " Be Good and Do Good "

If Ms. Rafia Naaz is doing a good job of teaching yoga, then she should be allowed to do so if she is willing to do it. We hear often about intolerance acquisitions for the hardliners of certain sects and castes. I think we will grow out of this soon as people are more sensible and apart from some, the majority will not be hoodwinked by appealing to their allegiance to their faith at the expense of denying basic rights and harming individuals or the nation.

#615267:

1. Prashant Pujari was a 29 year old flower vendor at Moodbidri. He was brutally hacked to death by beef-mafia gang in October 2015.
    2. Sanjeev Patel alias Putul married Chandni, daughter of Mohammed Ajajul, in November, 2014 in Hajipur. When the father filed an abduction case against Patel, Chandni refused to return with her father. In March, 2015, around one hundred men from a ''particular community'' brutally thrashed Patel and his wife and took them forcibly from Patel's house. Patel's lifeless body was found next day. His bride could not be traced.
    3. Dipankar Roy, a 22 years old young man was brutally murdered in West Bengal in 2012 as he had married Salima.

It is quite natural that we, the Indians, haven't heard their names.

• Sign In to post your comments