You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Two simultaneous distance post graduation programs valid or not

I have applied for distance ma politics in a recognised university(2016-18) and completed my first year. I have applied for another pg (distance) in another University (2017-19). Now iam gonna write 2nd yr and 1st yr exams ( within 2 months gap). Both universities are recognised universities.
    can I claim both degrees? Are they valid or not? (I am not doing any regular pg)
    As far as you are eligible and has followed all the norms of both the Universities, there is nothing wrong to pursue distance post graduations programs from two different Universities and you can claim two certificates.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

No problem. You can do both the courses simultaneously as both are distance education courses. There will not be any problem. You can claim both. I know people who have done one-course full time in the college and another course by distance education from another university. No wrong in this.
    drrao
    always confident

This confusion was due to the changing stance of UGC. Earlier, it was felt that doing two courses at the same time dilutes the academic standards, now the current opinion is due to changing education scenario such opportunities should exist to improve student knowledge base. As per the UGC guidelines, only two regular degree courses simultaneously is Not allowed or valid.One regular with one open/dsitance education course or two distance education course is valid. The universities have implemented this rule with some limitations or modifications. So it would be better to inform the second university of that they allow you to take your exams. Two-degree certificates obtained formally after exams and the stipulated duration would be recognised for job prospectus in both private and public sector.

• Sign In to post your comments