You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

A down to earth person- Sri Asoka Gajapathi Raju.

Our Aviation Minister Sri Asoka Gajapathi Raju is an odd man out in the present day politicians. He is a person born with a silver spoon. But he is a very simple person. He never behaves as if he is a minister in the central government. Whenever he travels by flight like any other normal passenger he stands in the queue and get the security check done and then he goes inside. If he has to go to the flight he will travel with other passengers by bus but never asks for a car for which he is eligible. He travels by economy class only even though he is eligible business class. He travels by metro by purchasing the ticket. He is the only minister who is having a metro card. The political leaders should learn from him. He is a real down to earth person. We want such ministers more and more for the development of our country.
    I'm hearing this for the first time.Sounds like he's a welcome misfit in the present political stereotypes. We need more people like him setting an example and a trend that whatever the power one holds in office, they are also normal citizens. Such people will have the following of people like you and me, the youth, the salaried and taxpaying class as we see him as a person with the moral courage to be a common citizen rather than a VIP. There are many IAS officers and IPS officers who serve the public and lead a simple life. Thanks to people like these, we can still have faith in leaders.

Pusapati Ashok Gajapathi Raju from Telugu Desam Party is the Union Minister for Civil Aviation. He prefers to keep a low profile and leads a simple life. I fully agree with Dr. Rao that he doesn't throw tantrums unlike many other political leaders. But frankly speaking, his performance as the Civil Aviation Minister is not very noteworthy and the country expects much more from him. Now he is being assisted by a very competent MoS, Jayant Sinha.

I earnestly hope that under his leadership, the country's civil aviation will improve vastly in near future.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

• Sign In to post your comments