You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

She smiled at me. I don't know why?

My dear felllow ISCian,
    Today, I took out my good old Padmini (44) and went out for Lunch in a reputed restaurant.(My wife is away at B'lore) While I was parking my Padmini, I saw a police jeep and the DSP(a lady)boarding. I looked at her, and I could see her smiling by looking at my Padmini and me. Her smile continued for a minute or more.

Members,
    What could be the reason for the lady DSP's smile? Please post your creative and interesting response here.
    Happiness within us makes us smile. That is a positiveand curtious gesture, when you see someone.Maybe the Padmini of yours,was well maintained . Things which we get attracted makes us happy I am sure it was your car.
    Some people like smiling all the time. There is nothing wrong, even if you smile at strangers.
    I feel happy when someone smiles at me, and I reciprocate it.

She couldn't resist your overflowing charm.
    I'm happy for you my friend.

Now back to serious mode. Sure you haven't seen her before? She must have met you in past and you failed to identify her now.
    Do you have a weird tattoo or inscription on your Padmini?
    Were you looking funny? With your hair messed up or wearing your attire wrongly?
    Help me friend, so I can investige the motive behind that smile.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Aditya,
    I am a thorough gentleman with well-combed hair and neatly dressed with my pant and shirt tucked in with a leather belt. My face shining with Nivia cream and Yardley jasmine talc powder, and also a costly spray on my body. My Padmini was given an excellent fresh water bath in the morning. She too was shining like a old bride.

No life without Sun

May be your face reassembled like any of her acquaintance. Or else she might be your secret admirer and gave you a smile of hers.
    Regards
    Chitra
    "Do not give up, things might not favour you always"

Then I conclude she merely smiled because she was uncomfortable. Maybe you both looked into each other at a same time and that led to an uncomfy situation.
    In order to avoid that she smiled.
    Or maybe, she must have thought that you smiled first. She might have returned your smile.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

No Aditya,
    I am a gentleman but not a smiling gentleman. I remain serious like a police officer. I still don't understand the mystery behind her smile. She is a good looking young lady officer, and I am a good looking gentleman with a Military bearing.

No life without Sun

Mr.SuN, sorry to break your bubble, this is an open-ended question that would have many answers. I think this is how many of us get misled by misinterpreting a simple gesture that's exchanged between two strangers. Many times we see people at shopping malls, lifts and in parking lots, wherein we are forced to look at each other, we often have a little smile on our faces as a gesture that 'we acknowledge their presence.' I think to ask for creative responses would be taking it too far, like silly office gossip that gets out of control and it's too late for the person who starts it and the person at the center of it. You saw someone, she saw you and your Padmini and smiled, that's it. I hope Mrs SuN doesn't see this thread!

Mr. Natarajan,
    The question is not a comman man's smiling. It is a senior police officer in uniform with a cane in her hand. Though young, she was a terrible looking police officer. That wondered me to raise this thread.

No life without Sun

The police official was happy and surprised to see a vintage car, which she could have only heard about from old timers. She would have been wondering who is older-the car or its owner.

Or she could have thought that a new model car has arrived, and happy to see that.

Normally a person get noticed with the things he possess. In this case your well maintained grand old Padmini car was the attraction to her eyes and through that gesture she probably appreciated the way you maintained the car and kept it in running condition even at this age of it. People admire those who keep the assets in good condition and they would recall their past memories with it, May be the said lady might also have possessed such a car in past, but could not maintain it and sold the same at pittance. Anyway enjoy that moment and remember that smiling face of the lady and always thank your Padmini as it it capable of getting you new friends and admirers on roads.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I always give creative and different solution! So, my answer is:

After getting down from the car, Mr. SuN was caressing his adorable car. The lady police officer named Padmini saw that and re-visited some sweet memory of the past. So, she smiled at Mr. SuN.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

From the thread it is observed that the lady officer was already smiling when you looked at her. So, I think she must have been amused on seeing a smart, young looking gentleman like you driving an old model car (though washed and well maintained; no offences meant to your dear old Padmini). Or, may be, she was also a fun loving lady and might have got the mental vibration on seeing a person with similar qualities.

That presumption aside, I am of the opinion that it is not very easy to guess the reason behind a smile. There can be hundreds of reasons. When you yourself could not guess the reason having been on the receiving end, I don't think any one else would be able to help you out. #616746, don't terrible looking people smile? They do.

'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

Mr Sun, take it for granted that she smiled looking at the Fiat Padmini car which are very rare to be seen. The smile of that woman goes for the car.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

Perhaps the young lady is also an ISC member and well aware of the much told story of Padmini by the veteran member Sun. At the glance of your car and you, she might have recollected the discussion at ISC forum and smiled for her weird thought.
    Regards,
    Jagdish

I differ from all others. With a recent controversy on Padmavati, many social media started with articles on old films from south and north on the Rani Padmini. So being a police officer she would think that this man too wants publicity by bringing out his old Padmini out.

That is why subconscious smile would be there automatically.

Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

Glad to see that we are all trying to give answers to why a lady looked at a man. I don't think we can guess correctly as the way the thought process occurs in both genders is very different - 'Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus".

SuN
    Lady or her husband may be a scrap dealer!

Neeraj,
    My good old Padmini is not a scrap. She shines and performs better than many others on the road.

No life without Sun

The lady officer's name also may be Padmini. These days the Padmini cars are very rarely seen on the road. She has seen the car which is well maintained and appearing beautiful like her. So she thought two beautiful Padminis. One in the jeep and other in the parking. That thought might have given the senior officer a smile on her face.
    drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments