You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Veer Lachit Diwas: Let's pay our respectful homage to the great commander

Today entire Assam and north-east have been remembering the great commander of Ahom force, Lachit Borphukan. He conclusive defeated Mughal forces supported by vassals of Mughals in the Battle of Saraighat (1671). Lachit Borphukan, supported by Atan Burhgohain, stopped the onward march of Mughals, to the eastern and north-eastern part of India. Honouring his contribution, Lachit Borphukan Gold Medal is given to the best passing-out cadet of National Defence Academy (NDA).

Earlier in May, 2017, I wrote a two-part article on this great military commander, but I have doubt whether any Member has read these two articles.

(a) Part-I

(b) Part-II

On Veer Lachit Diwas, I pay my respectful homage to the great warrior, who stopped the Mughals to enter the north-eastern part of India.
    My respectful homage too to the great warrior, Lachit, on veer Lachit divas . His bravery in stopping Mughals to enter the north eastern part of our country is praise worthy. My salutations to a rave leader
    drrao
    always confident

I request every interested Member to read the two-part article to know how Lachit, despite being physically unwell, decimated the Mughal army and annihilated the Mughal navy in the Battle of Saraighat. He was truly a military genius whom we have been forced to forget.

So far as source/reference is concerned, fortunately there are thousands of references on the valour of Lachit Borphukan, even in internet, are available.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Just now received a phone-call from Shillong. Not only in Assam, the Veer Lachit Diwas is being observed with enthusiasm everywhere in north-east. Even today, the North-East youth are rejuvenated only by hearing the name of Lachit Borphukan.

Alas! Indians in other parts of the country don't even know his name.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Nice to be reminded about another unsung hero of the nation. Our respects to Lachit Borphukan and glad that he is remembered on Veer Lachit Diwas.

Great warriors are always remembered for their courage and guts to fight with any odds and Lachit Borphukan is one among them. He seems to be having lots of followers in North East. My homage to him.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments