You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Foreign Affairs

Why Dalai Lama now says Tibet wants to stay with China?

Dalai Lama now says Tibet doesn't need independence but it wants more development. If China develops, Tibet will also develop automatically. Now, he also says Indians are lazier than Chinese. What is his point now? Does he want to appease Chinese authorities so that he can spend his last days in Tibet?
    Are these statements taken in parts from a detailed interview. Often the answers given by political or religious leaders will be focussed along the questions asked, their answers end up taken out of context and summarised to appear as if they mean something totally different.

We should never talk low about our hosts. I hate to see how spiritual gurus like Dalai Llama are changing. But are you sure about his statement? He meant it when he said we are lazier that Chinese?
    Tibet is as its worst as of now . Standing as an independent country, is very disadvantageous.
    It is nothing less than a suicide.
    It explains the Llama's worries.
    But I think I know why Dalai prefers China to India.
    He's a spiritual leader and not a political one. Tibetans place religion over region. He's seen that there is no scope for Tibetan Buddhism in India. Whereas, Buddhism is one of the national religions of China.
    Chinese government will probably let them practice their religion and give Tibet a resource to sustain it's spiritual and political splendor.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

I haven't gone through his interview but I have taken reference from the following news items.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/tibet-wants-to-stay-with-china-says-dalai-lama/articleshow/61775261.cms

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/indians-lazier-than-chinese-but-india-most-stable-dalai-lama/articleshow/61770460.cms

Now Dalai-lama opens his eyes and saw the reality. India wants to make him a triumph card for splitting China by supporting the spiritual leader.Now, this statement really boomerangs on Indians now what the Indian media will do they backfire on Dalai-Lama.
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

What ever it is Dalai Lama is our guest and we have given him the asylum and also the assurance to stay in India as long as he wants. China has been asking India to return him. So he has to say some soft words to sooth China as he is having good relations with India.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

International relationship is always dynamic. In the earlier days there were some basic principles which decided about a pleasant relationship or a strained relationship or enmity. They almost edged towards adamant attitudes.
    However in modern days, after the break up of USSR, spread of capitalism and free trade and China's position as a trade partner and manufacture hub, inter national relationship equation gets revised and rewritten frequently.
    Time causes fatigue for adamant standing. Once vitriolic leaders mellow down due to age and come to see practical sides.
    In Dalai Lama's case, it was one of the major blocking point in Indo-China relations. But slowly India also accepted Tibet as China's part. The new generation in Tibet do not have the same strong sentimental and principled stand against China. They have started enjoying the fruits of developmental activities by China,though they were road-rollered initially by force and compulsion.
    India also feels that it cannot risk acidity in Indo-China relations just to favour Dala Lama. The Nehru time sentiments have now withered away, and modern leaders do not have such sentimental relations with Dalai Lama. Tibet matter prevents relaxation i other matters by China.

All these would have persuaded Dalai Lama to be practical and say that Tibet wants to stay in China.

• Sign In to post your comments