You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Competition Entries

Match the author with the title?

Members,
    Kindly refer to this thread. I am speeding up with this contest due to the real live contest from ME is expected very soon. I am reproducing the short story here.

"Mr. Nus a plus two drop out joined ISC in the year 2011. His posts were of high value, educative and informative. All the members of ISC loved Mr.Nus. Mr. Nus worked hard day and night and reached the platinum level within two years. During this period, he received all the awards from TOW to Twinkle Star. In between, he fell prey to some members who did not like his activities. Such members created problems to Mr Nus, and ultimately he was punished by the ISC Admin and branded him bad. Mr. Nus also received creative/debater,/contributor badges. All were withdrawn and Mr.Nus was made naked without any badges. The contended Nus continued his ISC journey without uttering the word quit. Nus says that he will quit ISC only when the earth stops its rotation. Nus is a fun loving member and ensures to keep the ISC engaged with his wit and fun puzzles."

So far I have received 6 titles from six members
    1.Saroja,
    2.Natarajan,
    3.Mohan,
    4.Aditya,
    5.Partha
    6. Dr. NV Srinivasa Rao.
    .In addition, one member is a wild card entry and his name is not disclosed. His name is to be guessed by the members. So you need to guess 7 titles and 7 authors.

Match the titles:
    1. Hall marking of Platinum, Mr.Nus.
    2. The true happy-nus.
    3. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.
    4. Nus'painful Journey: Ahtrap follows him.
    5. Nus who got 'DUS' pats earlier is zero for ISC but hero to all.
    6. My journey of ups and downs on Indiastudychannel.
    7. The woes of a Platinum member.

Members,
    Kindly post your answers to my e-mail Id. 'sundiamondisc@yahoo.in', and post a response here that you have sent your answer to my mail id.

Wish you all the best.
    Just one hint. Ok?
    Are you in the competition too?

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

I have sent my reply at 6.57 a.m. today. Please check and acknowledge.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Mr.SuN, sent my list of replies at 7:25 to your mail. Please confirm when you get a chance.

When can we get our results Sun?
    I'm too eager to wait.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

I have forwarded my postings just now. Please verify SUN. You are waiting for the others postings also I think.
    drrao
    always confident

Dr.N.V.Srinivasa Rao,
    Have received your email.
    Waiting for other members' responses.

@Result will be declared next week-end.

No life without Sun

One more week to go, there's too much of curiosity around this Mr.SuN.

Natrajan & other members,
    I am yet to receive responses from Saroja and Mohan and other interested members. As I will be away from home next week, It won't be possible for me to announce the result until next week-end. Please bear with me and control your curiosity.

No life without Sun

Members,
    Not to keep you waiting and block your curiosity, I am announcing the points scored by the members so far.

1. Natarajan - 1/7 ( Self answer only)
    2. Dr NV SrinivasaRao - 2/7 (Self + 1)
    3. Partha - 1/7(Self answer only)
    4. Aditya - 2/7 (Self + 1)

No life without Sun

GM. Mr.SuN, I'm glad that there is no negative marking. Glad that Aditya and Dr.Rao have got one correct. This gives me an idea as to how the GTA contest would be.

Members,
    Thank you for your participation. The right authors of the titles are:
    1. Hall marking of Platinum, Mr.Nus. - Saroja
    2. The true happy-nus. - Aditya Mohan
    3. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. - Natarajan
    4. Nus'painful Journey: Ahtrap follows him. - Partha
    5. Nus who got 'DUS' pats earlier is zero for ISC but hero to all. - Mohan
    6. My journey of ups and downs on Indiastudychannel.- Dr. NV Srinivasa Rao
    7. The woes of a Platinum member. - Sun

Result:

Dr NV SrinivasaRao - 2/7 (Self + 1)
    Aditya - 2/7 (Self + 1)
    Natarajan - 1/7 ( Self answer only)
    Partha - 1/7(Self answer only)

Hope you all enjoyed this Guess the Author of the Title contest. You may post your comments and critics if you wish.

No life without Sun

Thanks to Mr. SuN for declaring the result of the interesting contest. Congratulations to Dr. Rao and Mr. Aditya Mohan for winning the contest.

I only request Mr. SuN to announe which two titles have been correctly mentioned by the winners in addition to their own titles.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Congratulations to Aditya for predicting one author correctly. I am happy that I am also able to match one author correctly. This is a pre-final examination for Guess the author contest. Everybody has to improve a lot. Thanks to SUN for giving us an opportunity to know how we can prepare ourselves for the GTA contest.
    drrao
    always confident

Partha,
    Aditya caught Natarajan, and Mr. Rao caught Mohan to have their score 2/7.

No life without Sun

• Sign In to post your comments