You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Query about Patanjali products

(I could have posted this in 'Ask Expert' section, but I feel that this requires detailed discussion. So I am seeking the opinion of other Members in Forum section.)

Patanjali has come to FMCG market in a very big way. In every month the group/company has been introducing new products in the market. The products are marginally cheaper than similar products of other well-known brands. Patanjali has seriously challenged the market domination of Dabur, Nestle, Kissan and other major companies.

However, many people are dead against Patanjali products. They say that these products are not clinically tested. They also say that non-vegetarian components are added in some of the products (although as a non-vegetarian, I have no issue). The constituents are not properly mentioned.

On the other hand, many other people say Patanjali products are extremely good. Their products are much better than the products of other FMCG companies. The products are very cheap (but I feel that the margin of difference of price has considerably come down recently).

My questions to the Members are: What is your opinion about Patanjali products? Do you yourself use it? What are the advantages and disadvantages of Patanjali products?

Please inform.
    I am using Patanjali Dant Kanti tooth paste for the past six months and found to be satisfied. Earlier I was using Dabur Red Paste. However I am not satisfied with the Atta pack of Patanjali which is of poor quality when compared to Annapurna and Pillsbury. I am also using the various range of biscuits made by Patanjali. In that coconut biscuits were good, and digestive biscuits were famous. But what I feel that since the retailers are very less, the profit margin seems to be less and thus getting products of our liking seems to be difficult even in future. And those who have it wont give any discount on bulk purchase.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Certainly Patanjali products have taken the FMCG sector by storm. We have bought their products and tried out. Their Almond hair oil is good and the hand wash is OK. But salt biscuits do not taste as good as the popular brands. Their noodles are not good when compared to the competitive brand. Yes. certainly, the cost difference is appreciable, I think it would help many families who have to watch the shopping budget.

According g to me one cough syrup 'divya swasari pravahi' is good and effective to me in curing the cough. Also an ointment 'peedantak' a good and effective for me.

I would also like to know about the 'testing' part. Are the Patanjali products clinically tested like products of other companies?
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

I have been using these products for 2 years. I use their paste regularly. I like it. It is good. Similarly, we are using their soaps, shampoo, washing powder and washing soaps also they are also good. But their shaving cream is not very good. I have used only once and then I stopped it. They have a cream for pains and that is very good. It will give quick relief from pains. We also use it.But we have never used their food products. We have to try and see. Regarding testing, I have not noticed any deviation from their declaration to our finding. The prices are cheap when compared to other MNC products. All can try once and see, whether they like it. There are some medicinal products also and they are giving a good response to the patients.
    drrao
    always confident

Well I am also having doubts regarding the testing and legal acceptance of their products. If Hindsutan Lever puts a question on this subject then the real things would come out. But the HLL itself has turned to Ayur products and thus wont blame Patanjali about its tested products,
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

My family is dedicated to Patanjali. Almost all domestic products are from Patanjali here.

I find these products very body-friendly.
    No matter what test results may reveal, a man only believes what he wants to believe.
    I believe Patanjali is doing me good.
    I fully admire and support Ramdev.
    He has a good knowledge of how body works.
    He has a great heritage and wisdom.
    He has proved how in a matter of just 3 or 4 years he could sweep away the market right under the noses of big shots.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has no regulations that says it is mandatory for brands to get approval on proprietary foods like biscuits, wafers and noodles. The brand needs to get a state manufacturing licence for which the food items need to be tested at accredited laboratories. But FSSAI can test any samples if there are concerns over safety. Many apparent complaints against these products are felt by many to be an attempt by rivals to mar the brand of Patanjali. TO be honest, It's difficult to test every food article and issue a certificate that it's safe or unsafe.

• Sign In to post your comments