Let’s play the keyboard game• This is my attempt to add some fun to the forum. I call it the keyboard game because the clues can be found on the keyboard.
• This is a word game where the clues lie in the keys on the computer keyboard. It is fairly simple game. You need to complete the list of words given below by inserting numerals, symbols and alphabets on the keyboard, in the blanks
• Clues have been provided for each word
• The answer to the blank could be phonetic. For example, the (+) plus symbol will change '_H' into PLUS+H = PLUSH or _ +IER = PLUSHIER
• Another example, if you put a (1 spelt as one) in CORNERST_, you will get 'cornerst+ one' = CORNERSTONE or ABAND +_ +D = ABANDONED
• The blank does not denote the number of alphabets that need to be filled. A blank has to be replaced with a word represented by a key on the keyboard so that it makes a word
• Phonetic sound of certain keys can have different spellings. Example: T can be either TEA or TEE. So _+ TH = TEETH or S+_ + M= STEAM. Keep that in mind when filling the blanks
The first three responders, with the maximum correct answers, will receive a virtual 'Appreciation Gift'. In case of a tie where more than one entry has the same number of correct answers, the entries that are received first will be declared the winners.
Please don't post your responses in this thread. However, do leave a message when you post your response. Only one submission per member is allowed. Send in your responses by 9 am on 05/12/2017.
Your answers will have to match my answers. No disputes will be entertained.
Please mail your responses to – braingames.isc at gmail.com.
Look forward to active participation.
So, get your thinking caps on, and get started –
1. ACCOUN+_ + LE (when you are liable)
2. HONEYMO + _ +RS (newly married couples)
3. WHEELB +_ (a vehicle)
4. DRIF+_ +OD (ideal for best out of waste projects)
5. H+_+ ENS (It intensifies)
6. CARP +_ +S (work with wood)
7. GIRLFRI +_ (Guys look for one)
8. _ +AR (I got married there)
9. _+ IZER (Death is definitely one)
10. _ + EKEND ( after a long week)
11. _ + HEN (part of the teardrop myth)
12. FAT+_ +D (I guess I understood)
13. SEMI +_ (a punctuation)
14. WIND +_ (The trachea)
15. _ + LET (what the doctor prescribed)
16. ADOL+ _ ENSE (We have all been through it)
17. DISOB +_ +D (did not listen)
18. _+ ICALLY (contests on ISC are held thus)
19. TER +_ (Dadar and Lokmanya Tilak are one)
20. EXP + _ ITURES (I think everyone should keep a track of these)