You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Amusement

Let’s play the keyboard game

• This is my attempt to add some fun to the forum. I call it the keyboard game because the clues can be found on the keyboard.
    • This is a word game where the clues lie in the keys on the computer keyboard. It is fairly simple game. You need to complete the list of words given below by inserting numerals, symbols and alphabets on the keyboard, in the blanks
    • Clues have been provided for each word
    • The answer to the blank could be phonetic. For example, the (+) plus symbol will change '_H' into PLUS+H = PLUSH or _ +IER = PLUSHIER
    • Another example, if you put a (1 spelt as one) in CORNERST_, you will get 'cornerst+ one' = CORNERSTONE or ABAND +_ +D = ABANDONED
    • The blank does not denote the number of alphabets that need to be filled. A blank has to be replaced with a word represented by a key on the keyboard so that it makes a word
    • Phonetic sound of certain keys can have different spellings. Example: T can be either TEA or TEE. So _+ TH = TEETH or S+_ + M= STEAM. Keep that in mind when filling the blanks

The first three responders, with the maximum correct answers, will receive a virtual 'Appreciation Gift'. In case of a tie where more than one entry has the same number of correct answers, the entries that are received first will be declared the winners.

Please don't post your responses in this thread. However, do leave a message when you post your response. Only one submission per member is allowed. Send in your responses by 9 am on 05/12/2017.

Your answers will have to match my answers. No disputes will be entertained.

Please mail your responses to – braingames.isc at gmail.com.

Look forward to active participation.

So, get your thinking caps on, and get started –
    1. ACCOUN+_ + LE (when you are liable)
    2. HONEYMO + _ +RS (newly married couples)
    3. WHEELB +_ (a vehicle)
    4. DRIF+_ +OD (ideal for best out of waste projects)
    5. H+_+ ENS (It intensifies)
    6. CARP +_ +S (work with wood)
    7. GIRLFRI +_ (Guys look for one)
    8. _ +AR (I got married there)
    9. _+ IZER (Death is definitely one)
    10. _ + EKEND ( after a long week)
    11. _ + HEN (part of the teardrop myth)
    12. FAT+_ +D (I guess I understood)
    13. SEMI +_ (a punctuation)
    14. WIND +_ (The trachea)
    15. _ + LET (what the doctor prescribed)
    16. ADOL+ _ ENSE (We have all been through it)
    17. DISOB +_ +D (did not listen)
    18. _+ ICALLY (contests on ISC are held thus)
    19. TER +_ (Dadar and Lokmanya Tilak are one)
    20. EXP + _ ITURES (I think everyone should keep a track of these)
    Excellent game to increase vocabulary & improve mental skills. Well done, Juana!

Please confirm for no.18 if 'ICALLY' is correct.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Thank you, Vandana.

Yes, the clue at no:18 ( _+ically), is correct.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

Juana,
    I am ready with my answers, but your e-mail ID seems to be incorrect. Your e-mail ID appears like this :
    braingames.isc at gmail.com ( It is a funny e-mail ID with at for @)

Update:
    I have sent my answer successfully to your e-mail ID at 1233 hrs today. Hope to get 19/20.

No life without Sun

Dear Juana Mam, must appreciate your quiz master like mind! Excellent fill in blanks or crosswords like contest. sent in my answers at 12:51 to braingames.isc@gmail.com. Please review once. I hope i've not got a few wrong.

Sun, Received your mail at 12:33 on 25/11

Natrajan, the game has been conceptualised and developed by me, Juana and not Vandana.
    I have received your mail too, at 12:51 on 25/11 but, it's addressed and 'CCed' to Sun - why?

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

That's my mistake.I was trying to reply to Mr.Sun to use @ instead of at. Please ignore it.

Sent the answer. I was enjoying a nap. So, I was late in sending the answer.

Ms. Vandana: Sr. No. 18 is correct.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Natarajan,

Please correct your response #617066 and put Juana's name & not mine. Credit should go to the right person!

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Thanks, edited.

I have sent my answers now at 2:12 pm (IST). The game was interesting and made my brain work.
    Regards
    Chitra
    "Do not give up, things might not favour you always"

Juana,

I have sent my answers to you. That was terrific fun!

Hello Juana Mam,
    I have sent my answers to the given mail address at 4:14 PM IST. Please confirm.

Regards
    Rizwan

Partha, Chitra, Vandana and Syed your responses have been received.

Ms. Juana,
    I feel happy to participate in an ISC contest after a long absence. Your keyboard contest is quite interesting. A real brain work.
    I have sent my answer to your mail ID. Please acknowledge the receipt.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.