You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

How to tolerate this parity?

The following parities we are facing daily. How to tolerate this and who is responsible for this?

* We are planning to launch rocket to Mars but nobody is there to launch buses in needy cities and villages.

*Many of us buying goods in nalla and big stores 'mum' but bargaining in roadside vendors

*We accept a paper printed by our own people as 'money' but hesitate to accept the existence of God by saying as 'stone'.

*The speed of pizza delivery is more than that of ambulance.

*The interest charged by banks is very low for vehicle loan than educational loan.
    These are facts of life, that we have to get along with, trying to be intolerant or correct the other person is only going to make our lives more difficult.
    Rocket to Mars is a way to keep progress in science and technology, to harness the untapped potential future scientists of the country.We need to develop such projects and find money to launch the buses also, only thing is people who need them should fight for it.
    In Big stores bargaining is an insult to the perceived elite client image what we have to project but roadside vendors are soft targets are we feel a sense of achievement when we can get 1 or 2 rupees from them to give 50 or 100 rupees extra at fancy showrooms.
    paper money is a necessity of life but accepting God is an individual choice and life doesn't depend on this for many.
    Speedy pizza is a marketing technique where in business and the job of the delivery boy depends on time and ambulances cannot zigzag like a two wheeler in city traffic.
    Vehicle loans means more business, more frequently with commercial benefits rather than educational loans which only means for a noble cause. If the vehicle beneficiary defaults, at least the banks can get the vehicle back, if a student defaults, what will the bank do with a degree certificate.

This is the order of the day. Pizza selling is getting you profit. But sending ambulance is not fetching any income. Our ultimate aim in all actions is what for me. The salary of the person delivering the pizza will be based on delivering minimum order s per day and delivering in time not even a minute late. So it will be done in time. But even coming 10 minutes late also, no one can question the driver because there is an interference with traffic and his payment is not based on his trips or timely reaching.
    Another important point I want add to the list of the author is a rich man will become further rich but a poor man remains same or becomes much poor. For a student, a cell phone is more important than a notebook. Applying face powder is more important than having a bath. The list will be endless.

drrao
    always confident

I do not see it as parity or disparity, but practical ironies.

But a couple of those narrated in the thread made me really think. The one about paper money and stone idol. A very relevant one . In fact there was a real case report about a pious man and an atheist-cum-rationalist which I read during my college days. The pious man went to the rationalist house. There he saw the photo of some old man hung on the wall . He spit on the photo and kept quiet. The atheist-ration. The pious man said it was just a life less photo and how can it matter to him. If it is dirty it can be cleaned. For this the rationalist replied that it was his father whom he revered and loved most. Smilingly the pious man said, we consider the photos and idols of deities and gods exactly with same or more reverence, but he rationalists and atheists despise and destroy them hurting the similar sentiments. So the law is one for self and one for others. This is very evident and enacted in the present days.

I always had felt the grievance about the interest rate difference especially the lower rate of interest for vehicle loans in comparison to other loans. The congestion and pollution on the roads as well as the increase in fuel consumption resulting in our import bill have some direct effect from the low rates and easy availability of vehicle loans. That has helped the foreign car manufacturers.

The author has well presented the ironies of our age and there are many reasons and systems which has created these anamolies.

As other members have already opined - there is a difference of speed between Govt working and private business working. The same lazy person becomes efficient ones he is moved from Govt to private.

Anyway ironies will be there because some people are well off to think of going for a trip to moon while some poor ones in the underdeveloped countries are struggling for their daily bread.

Who is to be blamed for it? Our systems have generated this falacy and I do not see any positive change to be seen in future in such ironies.

Knowledge is power.

* We are planning to launch rocket to Mars but nobody is there to launch buses in needy cities and villages.
    Rocket launching is in the hands of scientists who are working Independently where as introducing busses must be priority decision of state government.

*Many of us buying goods in nalla and big stores 'mum' but bargaining in roadside vendors
    By putting fixed prices note the malls are literally stopping our house holds from bargaining but our street vendor is the poor guy who succumbs to the tantrums of the buyers easily and reduce the price.

*We accept a paper printed by our own people as 'money' but hesitate to accept the existence of God by saying as 'stone'.
    Money has the buying and selling power and thus valued, but accepting whether God is there, one must undergo problems and challenges in life.

*The speed of pizza delivery is more than that of ambulance.
    That is amazing thinking and doing on the part of youth who are driving force behind every Pizza delivery, whereas on seeing more ambulance on the road the road users hesitate to give side.

*The interest charged by banks is very low for vehicle loan than educational loan.
    Vehicles loans are relatively lesser amount , whereas the education loans are more and demanding.

K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

An excellent thread by the author. Only one small correction. These are not examples of parity. These are examples of disparity. We live our life with these disparity. And now these illogical rules have become very natural to all of us.

I thank the author for pointing out these disparities of life. These disparities increase the difference between rich and poor. These disparities create more imbalance, more struggle, more competition in society.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

• Sign In to post your comments