You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Cricket

Ravichandran Ashwin has become the fastest three hundred wicket-taker in Test

Today in Nagpur Test, India convincingly beat Srilanka by an inning and 239 runs. Srilanka could not compete with India either in batting or in bowling. Although Indian captain Virat Kohli has scored a double century and become Man-of-the-Match, to me the hero is Indian off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin.

Ashwin has become the fastest 300 wicket-taker in Test cricket. Today he broke the record of Australian great fast bowler Dennis Lillee. Lillee got 300 wickets in 56 Tests whereas Ashwin has achieved the distinction in 54 Tests. Earlier this year, Ashwin had broken Lillee's record to become fastest 250 wicket-taker in Test.

Since 2015, Ashwin's career graph in Test has been continuously on the rise. I sincerely hope that he breaks the record of Mutthaiah Murleedharan and becomes the highest wicket-taker in Test cricket.
    Yes it is the fact that Ashwin has become the fastest 300 wicket-taker in Test cricket and he has been closely watched by the fans and also selectors . This boy has the capacity of bringing more fame and pride to the country . Today he broke the record of Australian great fast bowler Dennis Lillee, which implied that given the chance he can brake further records. And by getting whooping 300 wickets in 56 Tests , which he has achieved the distinction in 54 Tests. Earlier also this year, Ashwin was in the news for having broken Lillee's record to become fastest 250 wicket-taker in Test. My best wishes to him.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I would agree with you, it would have been a difficult choice for Man of the match (Kohli vs Ashwin). Glad that Ashwin is growing from strength to strength and has donned the mantle of a key bowler of the Indian side. He is the fastest Indian Cricketer to regularly reach 50,100,150,200,250 and now 300 wickets. Fantastic acheivement for a player who started off as a batsmen at junior level and then found success in the bowling department. Steve Waugh, earlier this year called him the 'Don Bradman of bowling'. Wish him for many more laurels and contributions to Indian Cricket.

These days Indian cricket team is in full swing. They are winning the matches in all formats of the game. Kohli as a captain is leading from the front. He is scoring runs continuously and maintaining his personal record very well and at the same time, he is maintaining the team record also. The players going as a team and doing a good job.
    Yesterday win against Srilanka in Nagpur test match against Srilanka was very pleasant to watch. The whole team performed well and made India proud by winning the match on the day IV itself with a very good margin and recorded an innings win.
    All the bowlers bowled well. Really Aswin has done an excellent work and got 4 wickets in the second innings. His performance is exemplary and brought the innings victory. He is the fastest 300 wickets taker in 5-day test matches and he deserves all applauds for his performance. He is the best spinner so far in India as far as I am concerned. I hope he will reach the number one position as highest wicket-taker in the history shortly.

drrao
    always confident

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.