You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Article got rejected and account blocked

My account got temporarily blocked when I tried to submit my article about data science. The article was earlier published in my blog aashishkarki.wordpress.com, but I removed it from there to post it here. So, I don't understand the reason for which my account got blocked. As far as I can understand, this happened because my anti virus has created a VPN (Secure Connection, as it says), which shows my different location.
    This is to bring to your consideration that this was my very first submission to ISC and I am really disappointed with this situation.
    Please help me out here. At least, tell me what led to the restriction of my account.
    http://www.indiastudychannel.com/resources/172931-Data-Science-The-Sexiest-Job-of-the-21st-Century.aspx
    Above is the link to the article that was sent to my mail.
    It looks like your article triggered the automatic filters of ISC due to word "sexiest" in the title. ISC and its sister sites have some automatic trigger words which if posted in any section of the site will lead to automatic deletion of the post and temporary blocking of the user, same has happened to you. Editors have to manually intervene and relook at the post. Since you have already raised this thread, wait for their reply.

Ashish,

We are checking it out. Please wait.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Yeah, I also do feel the same now Ankit.
    And thanks Vandana for looking into this.
    Maybe I will have to edit it and try again, if nothing works.

Ashish,

I have removed the word wherever it appears in the title and text. Now you can edit the article. Please go through the article submission guidelines, the link of which has been provided there, and make all the requisite corrections as per the instructions.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Thanks a lot Vandana . I am grateful for your help.

Great gesture on the part of Managing editor. For the first time I am coming across wholesome help from managing team which has satisfied the author.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.