You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Navy Day 2017 - ISC salutes Indian Navy personnel

Navy Day is observed on 4th December annually, to commemorate the role of the Navy personnel in their victorious sea battle during the Indo-Pak 1971 war.

On the occasion of Navy Day, 2017, let us salute the men & women in white who have provided selfless service to the nation & pay homage to the martyrs. They have secured our maritime borders and provided stellar service in times of peace, rescuing people on national & international ships. Most recently, they have rescued fishermen caught in the cyclonic storm off the coasts of Kerala and Tamil Nadu.

Jai Hind!
    Indian Navy celebrates Navy Day on 4th December every year to remember the daredevil attack (nicknamed Operation Trident) on the Pakistani naval base in Karachi by the Western Naval Command of Indian Navy. Karachi Harbour was destroyed on 4th December, 1971. PNS Khaibar and PNS Shahjahan, two destroyers of Paki Navy, PNS Muhafiz, a minesweeper of the Paki Navy, were drowned. Keamari Oil tanks were completely destroyed.

On the Navy Day, I pay my respect to all Indian Navy Officers and ORs.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

On the Indian Navy day, I offer my respects to all Indian Navy officers. But for the services rendered by them, we might not have emerged victorious in Indo Pak war in 1971.
    drrao
    always confident

My best wishes hearty congrats to every Navy Personnel on the occasion of Navy day, and we know the hard work and immense contributions of Navy especially the Coast Guard wing who are ever vigil during the day and night checking for infiltrators and smugglers who take to sea route to escape the law. However our alert Navy persons nab the wrong doers at the spot itself and thus many of their gallantry works are not reported in the media. Our thoughts are always with them and their welfare.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

It is time to remember and pay homage to the Commanding officer, officers and men of the Indian Naval Ship KHUKRI which was torpedoed by a Pakistani submarine and sunk off the Gujarat coast during the indo-pak war. Just Click Here to know Captain Mahendra Nath Mulla, the Commanding Officer of INS Khukri who went down with his ship.
    No life without Sun

Our Saultes and respect for the Indian Navy on the commemoration day they were victorious. Our Navy has done us proud during natural disasters providing support round the clock. We all watch movies showing or hear about the fearless US NAVY SEALS, I'm proud that India also has MARCOS, Marine commandos who can conduct all terrain operations including maritime missions. The terrorists fear the MARCOS commandos calling them Dadiwala fauj. Long live our Navy and the defense forces who ensure that we are safe every day.

If any Member is interested to know about Operation Trident and subsequent Operation Python of Indian Navy, he/she can watch ''Killer Squadron'' in two parts. This video is available at Youtube.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

On the occasion of Navy Day 2017, my salute goes to all the navy officers. Also, remembering all those who have lost their lives for the country and its people.
    Regards
    Chitra
    "Do not give up, things might not favour you always"

• Sign In to post your comments