You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Shashi Kapoor passes away-let us pay our tributes

Veteran Actor Shashi Kapoor passed away today at Mumbai.

He was a versatile and dynamic popular actor in Hindi movies during the seventies and eighties. I had seen many of his movies and especially those in which Amitabh Bachan also acted.
    With a naughty wink always present at the corner of his eyes, a nice dimple on his chin, and a dancing ease walking style, and a special way of dialogue delivery, a charming smile, he was at the same time romantic, comic and dancing hero in films at that time.

Our respectful tributes to Shashi Kapoor. Let his soul rest in peace, let his name and fame remain long.
    It is very sad to note that Shashi Kapoor passed away. He passed away in Mumbai. He is a very versatile actor. During my study days, I saw many of his films and I am a fan of this Hindi actor.
    He has started his career as a child actor in his father Prithviraj Kapoor's plays. His roles in films like 'Deewaar' (1975), 'Satyam Shivam Sundaram' (1978), 'Junoon' (1978), 'Shaan' (1980), and 'Namak Halaal' (1982) were very famous.
    He was awarded the Padma Bhushan by the Indian government in 2011.He honoured with the Dadasaheb Phalke Award. He is survived by his daughter Sanjana, and sons Kunal and Karan
    May his soul rest in peace.

drrao
    always confident

Sad news. Condolences to his family. I just heard the news in the radio while coming back home. He was an awesome actor and definitely the film world will miss him. Let his soul rest in peace.
    Regards
    Chitra
    "Do not give up, things might not favour you always"

He was a great hero of sixties and seventies. He carried the flag of Prithviraj Kapoor and Raj Kapoor. His love story with Jennifer Kendal in the theatre group of Calcutta is known to all. His dialogue ''mere pas maa hain'' is still quoted frequently.

RIP, Shashi Kapoor!

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Another great actor of the foregone years also bid farewell to this world. A name always remembered with Rajkapoor and Shammi kapoor - the trio of a period of Hindi Cinema. Three great son's of a great father PrithwiRaj kapoor. The last to vacate the cinema world is Shasikapoor. May his soul rest in peace.
    T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member ISC

Sad to note that another legend has passed away. Mr.Sashi Kapoor died today at a Mumbai hospital.His contribution to the Indian cinema is legendary and he's also one of the first Indian actors to catch the eyes of Hollywood and go international. He and Amitabh Bachan used to share screen space in successful two hero films. Prithvi theatre was built by him along with his wife Jennifer in memory of his father Prithviraj Kapoor. I have watched a play in this theatre a couple of year's back. May he rest in peace.

Sad to know that Shashi Kapoor is no more. With his death a history about a great actor has ended. His smiling face and niche of acting has created own place for him in the Industry and even in his old age also he used to act in some films. His co acting with Amitabh were the hits of the past and his every movie were having the punch of comedy and great acting. In those days when other actors failed to give call sheet, this person was always obliging the producers and directors and thus could churn out good movies for himself like Deewar, Shaan, Namak Halaal and ofcourse Satyam Shivam Sundaram.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

May the great actor's good soul rest in peace. I love Sashi and his films. He is the only Hindi actor whom I met personally and said Hello when I visited Gate way of India in Bombay. I crossed him while he was busy coming out from Taj hotel, and said 'Hello Mr. Sashi." He smiled and replied 'Hello' . I love his film Satyam Shivam Sundaram.
    No life without Sun

So sad to hear the news. May his soul rest in peace.
    To be frank, the first hindi movie I saw in my life is shasi kapoor's as very rare hindi films released in those days at Madurai.

Yes, his charm & lovely smile will be missed the most. RIP Shashi Kapoor!
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

• Sign In to post your comments