You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Amusement

Winners of Let's play the keyboard game

The winners of the Let's play the keyboard game are –

1. Partha
    2. Vandana
    3. Natrajan

Sun got 15 answers correct. The responses to 3, 9, 11, 14, 19 were incorrect.
    Natrajan got 18 answers correct. The responses to16 & 18 were incorrect.
    Partha got 19 answers correct. Response to 12 was incorrect.
    Chitra got 12 answers correct. The responses to 2, 5, 8, 9,11, 12, 15, 18 were incorrect.
    Vandana got 19 answers correct. The response to 12 was incorrect.
    Syed got 16 answers correct. The responses to 8, 9, 11&18 were incorrect.
    Rajee – got 18 answers correct. The responses to 3 & 9 were incorrect.

Please join me in congratulating the winners.
    My heartiest congratulations to Partha, Vandana and Natarajan for being the best and fast winners. Also the other participants who tried their best. Indeed, it was an interesting contest. Such new contest ideas should take birth in members mind to enjoy life at ISC. Special appreciation to Juana.
    No life without Sun

Congrats to the three great winners of Key Board game organised by Juana and also those who participated in the contest and won some great marks.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Heartiest congratulations to the winners of Let's play the keyboard game, Partha, Vandana ma'am and Natarajan! It was a tough but interesting game. My sincere appreciation to Juana for the idea and the smooth conduct of this game. Hope to see more of such games from the author in future too.
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

Congratulations to the winners in the 'key board game' conducted by Juana.

A straight game which could be played by all who are used to key board. Once-in-a while such games are refreshing diversion. In games where winning is decided on 'Best and first' basis longtime gap may not be needed.

I found it easy and tempted to send answers. But by the time I saw this thread more than 5 had already sent the answers. I made a guess that the winners could be among them. So I did not venture further.

The virtual gifts' have been sent to the winners. Thank you for your participation. Since it was my first attempt at conducting a game, I kept the clues simple. Will make it a notch more difficult, the next time (if there is one).
    "A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

Just now seen this thread. Congratulations to Ms. Vandana and Mr. Natarajan for winning the contest. Sincere thanks to Ms. Juana for organizing this interesting contest. I think this was the first time such concept was used in a contest of ISC.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Thanks for the results, It certainly a very good game to keep our brain cells active. Congratulations to the participants and winners. Thank you for the virtual gifts

Congratulations to Partha, Vandana mam and Natarajan for winning the Keyboard game. It was a very interesting and different game. Have enjoyed it..! I was not able to find answers for 4 questions hence left them as it is.
    Regards
    Rizwan

Congratulations to the three winners of the great game. They proved themselves as the best lot among the available. From my side I like to congratulate the game organiser also for designing such a nice game and giving a chance to the members to test their knowledge. I expect such many more games from the Organiser. A nice attempt worth appreciation
    drrao
    always confident

Congrats Partha & Natarajan for your winning entries!

Juana -I had got the word correctly for No.14, but not the key. So would that not be 2 incorrect answers? Did we not have to get both the word and the keyboard keys right? Please clarify.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

I would say that the author of this contest went wrong with posting of Q. 14 as wind+_ incorrectly . It is a confusion though many have answered correctly.
    No life without Sun

It is heartening to see members express their appreciation. Thank you, so very much.

Vandana – You needed to "complete the list of words" by inserting the keys. You got just got lucky, by guessing the right word, even though the key you selected was incorrect. It is also not present on regular keyboards.

Sun - Are you not familiar with the keys on the keyboard? There is a vertical line called the pipe key ( | ) on every keyboard. I am sorry, but your ignorance cannot be used to determine the correctness of the contest.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

Sorry Juana,
    I do not find the pipe key(I) on my keyboard. I have used I key in the brackets. There is no such vertical line in my standard keyboard. I am using SAMSUNG laptop. I pressed all the keys to find no pipe key. I have only slash(\) and (/) slant keys. Would be grateful if you take a photo of it and show it here to update myself? Where is that pipe key?

@ Pipe key is generally not found on the modern keyboards. We need to create a 'pipe' using different keys. I think Juana is using a special American Keyboard.

No life without Sun

There you go. I have attached an image of the keyboard on my laptop. Can you see the 'Pipe' key, above the 'Enter' key?

Delete Attachment

Juana,
    Once again a big thank you. I went wrong with my pipe key that looks like a semi colon due to wear and tear, and I never used it. You have shown the pipe to me. VMT.

No life without Sun

Thanks Juana for the clarification. I did not know that was the pipe key! I had thought, as I mentioned in #618130 in the thread which revealed the answers, that the slash key looked like a pipe & that was the key you meant. I am duly enlightened about the correct pipe key. I considered it as a separator key because of the info below -

At one time members used this pipe key to separate key words in the title of their articles & sometimes in the forum. This was disallowed after a year or so of my joining. We were instructed not to use any symbols at all in a title. I use this key to separate the URLs of ISC posts which I put in a scrolling text format at the top of my blogs.

For those not aware: The pipe key can be typed by holding the shift key and the pipe key simultaneously, just as we type the upper symbol on a key which has two symbols or a symbol and a number.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

• Sign In to post your comments