You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Importance of parents stressed by Nabhi, Mohammed

When seeing the abandoning of parents by their children, the mind is worrying more and more.
    The respect given to the parents by their children is reducing day by day. The importance of giving respect to parents has been stressed by Mohammed Nabhi, as follows

Though the parents do not show love on their children, it is the duty to the children to show the love on them.

The love of parents is of Allah and similarly, their anger is of Allah.

Greetings to the children protects their parents. Let Allah increase thier age.
    By 'respect' children have their concept different from that of their parents.
    Mostly elders want manifest expressions of respect. But children would like i in a subtle way or by using different vocabulary and gestures. It may be the other way also. Children may show respect by expressive gestures and sounds ,but the parents may want them to be subtle and suppressed.
    Sitting in front of elders was considered disrespect once upon a time. One has to free and lower the upward-folded-and-tucked dhoti in front of elders.But now even elders weer half-pants which are almost similar to the tucked-up lungi. Prostrating at the feet of parents was how to show respect earlier. Now i is shortened to a shake hand and saying Hi Dad, Hi Ma opening eyes and mouth wide open.
    But in all these the children do not mean disrespect, but they are being free and casual because they feel the relationship as close and affectionate.

I really appreciate the author for raising such an important thread which is an excellent reminder to children about the importance of their parents. Talking about the beauty of the Holy Quran , I would like to bring a few verses to light which show the emphasis Allah has kept on the parents. for every child.
    Throughout the Quran, we notice that parents are mentioned with appreciation and respect, even if they are senile.
    In the Quran, there is a very beautiful description of how parents are to be treated;.Allah Says : "And your Lord has decreed that you not worship except Him, and to parents, good treatment. Whether one or both of them reach old age [while] with you, say not to them [so much as] 'uff' [i.e., an expression of irritation or disapproval] and do not repel them but speak to them a noble word. And lower to them the wing of humility out of mercy and say: 'My Lord! Have mercy upon them as they brought me up [when I was] small.'" [Quran 17:23-24].
    Such is the expected behavior of children towards their parents but we sadly see very few children adhering completely to the teachings completely.
    They do not even think twice before arguing or answering back and become busy in their devices if they are admonished.

Regards,
    ar
    "If things go wrong, don’t go with them"

Parents are the first God for us. Even Gods have been stressing that give first importance to the parents and then pray to them. In Tamil there is a great saying that " Annayium Pithavum Munneri deivam " which clearly states that Mother and father are our first God. And those who have respected their parents, are always winners in their life. Even after the parents death if one does the rituals in the remembrance of them, surely they are blessed with good life and even the children will be excelling in all fields , thanks to their abundance blessings. And those who lost their parents in young age know the pain of not having parents.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

In everybody's life parents are very important. Before doing prayer to God we should pray our parents. Their wishes always will count. First we should salute mother then father and then Gurus. We should not forget that we are here because of them. We owe our life to them. Today whatever we are it is because of them only. This point should not be forgotten by anyone. We should take care of them when they are old. We should not leave them by sending every month some money. We should hold their hand and see that they will have a comfortable life without any problems. It is then we can expect from our children something during our old age. Matrudevobhava. Pitrudevobhava achrayadevohbava.
    drrao
    always confident

Modernisation and change in lifestyle of people has created a great gap between the parents and children.

In earlier times also there was generation gap but it was limited to small differences and small fights within the four walls. Today situation is very different and the children are not willing to take the responsibility of parents and in fact they are ignoring them. This has created a fear and agony in the minds of parents and they are too much worried about their old age life without the support of children.

The author has brought out a motivational narration and any such thing is a welcome measure which can insist upon the new generation for attending to their parents.

Knowledge is power.

Most children respect parents and elders but the visibile means in which they express it has changed. Like mentioned in the earlier replies, parents are like God and without whom we wouldn't be here. Respecting parents, looking after them, providing for them would be thought of by many, not done by few out of ignorance, attitude and circumstances. I feel sad at large family gatherings, where I see the young adult additions to the family just physically present and do a perfunctory effort at touching elders feet. It would be so obvious that they are least interested and everyone around would have realised it. In contrast,there would little children who would promptly fall at the elders feet and get up with a smile on their faces. Although we respect our parents, when we grow up some of us change in the way we see them. The changing world around us has also changed our lives to an extent that elderly parents are now seen as a burden by some families and are left alone to live their last few years.

• Sign In to post your comments