You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Cricket

Virat Kohlis Decision to take rest before South Africa Tour 2018

Virat Kohli India Cricket 's current captain in all forms of the game has not only made a successful Captainship but also earned a title of RUN MACHINE ,with his stunning cricket skills and aggression Virat is undoubtedly Shattered all the records and is going to repeat History of golden era of India Cricket as it was during Sachin Tendulkar's regime.But due to hectic schedule and continues play he has wished for rest and restore some energy to prepare well for much awaited tour of South Africa in January 2018 , however Cricket critics is not pleased with his demand and termed it not so mature move.Folks what do you think ? is this demand wise please share your thoughts in coment section below.
    In South Africa Test series India will get defeated by 3-0, One day 5-1 T-20 2-0 or a draw will definitely happen.Without BCCI Cricket is not there After Sachin, after Virat, after XYZ Indian will only create records. So remember these words I will post a message each and every match is over.But surely Virat will score runs no doubt about it.
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

Well apart from cricket, there is a compulsion on the part of Virat Kohli to take rest because , he is going to get married with actress Anushka and the preparations are going to start from 15th Dec. So he may not give full attention to the play and therefore taking rest after the series is good for him. By the way those who have performed well in past and broken previous records, it is better to take rest when the time demands for his personal commitment so that he wont get bad name even the team fares bad. Anyway my best wishes to his proposed marriage in advance.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

The response (#618573) is totally irrelevant to the present thread. While the present thread seeks discussion on Virat Kohli's decision to skip the one-dayers against Sri Lanka, the response has predicted about India's performance against South Africa. So, the response definitely needs some negative points.

Coming to the main issue, I feel that Virat Kohli must take rest to rejuvenate himself before the South Africa tour. Afterall he has been playing cricket at international level continuously for last six months as a captain. Moreover, most probably he is going to marry this month. So, he needs well-deserved rest.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

The selectors ( MSK Prasad), towards the end of last month itself, hinted at the rotational policy for players and resting him. I am glad that he's rested.One player par excellence also has limitations imposed by the human body and mind. The stress and mental exhaustion often ruin the performance of a brilliant player, we've seen this in the past. He also needs time for his personal life, take a break, focuses on his training and injuries(old shoulder injury), etc. There would be many facts that the common public would not be aware of. All of us would agree that South African team is a far better opponent than the present Sri Lankan team, hence reserving key players for a better opponent is a good old policy too.

All these days Virat kohli is taking the responsibility on his shoulders and leading the team from the front. He also needs some rest. So he opted out. The selectors accepted his request. Nothing wrong. One way it is a blessing in disguise to the other players to showcase their abilities and show that Indian team is team and not an individual can decide the fate. But what I feel is Kohli might have opted out for Srilanka series and might have been participated in South Africa series.
    drrao
    always confident

The way cricket games are scheduled nowadays, players surely get not enough time to live their personal life. His decision right. In South Africa, you will get bouncing wicket and you have to get prepared for that. I am sure, he will look in to next tour and plan during his rest. We are good in Indian soil, if Virat won't play some other can play. So, it is obvious when you are playing team like SA in SA, you need to be fresh and mentally strong.

India will win series 2-1 against Sri Lanka in One-day internationals and T-20 series too.
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

What I told above is going true please look today match at Visakhapatnam India will win and clinch the series another Sunday.Match Fixed before even the series has started.

Kohli deserves a break and rest. Now that he has got married, let him be free of tensions and deadlines for some time and enjoy the bliss of new family life. Hope, that will help him to rejoin with more energy, power and confidence.

Everybody deserves some holidays, rest and peace of mind to rejuvenate oneself and gain more energy especially when the person has such a big responsibility on his shoulder. And I don't think anyone should be criticised for getting that.
    Critiques should understand that even players have their personal life too so Virat Kohli's decision to take some rest should not be criticized at all.

"It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.