You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Do you have "Can't wait , won't wait " attitude ?

Few days back I had been to my friends house for a death anniversary and being perfectionist, he performed the rituals by following all rules and also inviting two Brahmans for having the food. And that process would be delayed. Normally after the two ate the food, the house shall have their food. But the boy who was young and wants to go out for urgent work was insisting to have food with the Brahmans and that irritated my friend. This kind of cant wait and wont wait attitude on all occasions cannot bring good name. Ultimately he gone out to have some hotel food on that day.
    It is correct. We should not eat before the two eat. If somebody is having they should go out and eat without causing any inconvenience to anybody. If we have any guest in the house, it is our courtesy to offer them and then we eat. Especially when rituals are conducted one should be very careful and follow the rules and regulations. I want to tell you one incident. One day we have invited a guest for dinner. They are supposed to come to our house at 7PM. But they could not make it till 10PM. We all were waiting for them and we had our dinner after 10 PM only. Sometimes it happens. We should have patience and we should wait for the guest.
    drrao
    always confident

We should not ask our body to wait. We should eat when our body demands. Rituals are man made, not God made. Nothing will go wrong if we eat during the rituals. But a decency to be maintained and should not hurt others, especially the performers of the rituals. We can get inside an area inside the home and have it secretly, or go out and quench our thirst or appetite. Don't wait.
    No life without Sun

If the boy is very young, then may be he was hungry and wanted to eat soon, Otherwise, this reflects the changing times and how each generation values or views the traditions that are passed from many decades. I still remember as child for head tonsuring ceremonies people would sacrifice a hen or a goat but now I rarely see it, it may happen in some rural areas but things are changing. When we have a pooja at home, often the first offering is kept in the terrace for crows to come a take a bite. Children would eat snacks without asking elders, elders would wait for a crow to come and eat first, then only they would start eating.
    These are traditions that would slowly change. It is difficult for adults to accept and it's difficult for youngsters to stop questioning the logic behind such traditions. We should certainly follow them but be flexible, from what I've seen, if traditions are too rigid, the the younger generation take it as an imposition on them and follow them outwardly for the sake of formalities without their minds and heart in it.

Youngsters today are giving more value to their work rather than the rituals. Although he would be understanding the need of the hour, it is his compulsion or urgency of work that he wanted to eat with the two Brahmins. Nobody would want to break any ritual.
    Sometimes, the situation is like that they have to give work more priority than the family or rituals.

Do what inspires you !!

• Sign In to post your comments