You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Cricket

Let us look at history when Indian cricket team toured to South Africa

There are many legends in Indian cricket (according to Indian cricket fans) from Sunil Gavaskar, Kapildev, Azhar, and the Cricket God itself Sachin Tendulkar and even now new cricketing God Virat who breaks the world record in no time.Now let us look the history how these Indian players played in the South African soil.Let us starts with test

Head to head :
    33 tests = 13 won by South Africa, 10 by India + 10 draws.
    In India = 16 = 8 won by India, 5 by South Africa, 3 draws.
    In South Africa = 17 = 8 won by South Africa, 2 by India, 7 draws.

In One day Internationals out of 55 India won 18(11 in India ) and South Africa won 34 ( 16 in South Africa).Now looking these numbers do you believe India will be successful on South African Tour.
    Well the past records in cricket are made and they are going to stay for reference and taking penultimate actions by respective teams. But now the players are different, their playing techniques are different and the fans have lots of expectations from the present team. So there is increasing responsibility on the part of our boys to show case their talent in all the department so that they should not fail in their endeavour. And our boys should never underestimate the South African team which is waiting for the opportunity to strike and create great impression and our boys must play serious cricket here.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Thanks to the author for giving a consolidated statistics of cricket history between India and Southsfrica. The records says that South Africa is much stronger on their soil when compared to India. So statistics says their winning chances are high. But we can't completely rule out India. In cricket every game is a new game and every team has to approach Asit is their first game with the opponents. The results always depend on the performance of players on that particular day. So I am feeling that we cannot say that there are no chances for India to win. India is also going without their main captain. So we will be waiting to see a series which will be very interesting, I feel.
    drrao
    always confident

India and South Africa started playing each other since 1991. As I am writing from my memory, I may be little bit inaccurate. First ODI was played at Eden Gardens. I was fortunate enough to remain present in the ground during the historic occasion. That was South Africa's return to Test cricket after Apartheid. Keplar Wessels, Alan Donald and veteran Clive Rice (Captain) were members of South African team. India won that ODI.

So far as records are concerned, India's performance against South Africa has been gradually improving both in Test and in ODI.

Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence

Nice compilation of cricketing facts between India and South Africa. Yes, we did have and do have some cricketing stars in our Indian team who have made us proud. All of us know that South Africa is a formidable opponent, going by the figures, they are better than us on home soil and have a better chance of winning the series. As Indians, we support our team and hope that they win all the matches but we do know the truth that we have to lose some matches, that's the nature of the game. With an energetic squad and players of individual capabilities we can certainly hope to win matches, or at least give a close fight.

#618744 Recently India lost the ODI series against South Africa(in Indian Home soil)so I don't know what gradually improvement in that...
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

• Sign In to post your comments