You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Requests

Can we post information updates on cities/towns of India?

In the 'More' section of ISC, there is a sub-section named 'My India'. In this sub-section, the Members can give updates on cities/towns of India (City Search). Recently (since November 2017 onwards), I have started posting updates on the cities about which I have little bit knowledge/the cities which I have visited. So far, I have posted updates on three cities/towns, and another one is ready (although I have not yet posted the last update).

I have seen that none of the three city updates which I have posted so far, has been reviewed. So, I am little bit hesitant. I would like to know whether I can post city/town updates in 'My India' sub-section, or not. If such updates are not encouraged, I will not prepare such city updates in future.

The concerned Editor relating to city updates (City Search) may kindly guide.
    Yes, Partha, you can. Updates are permitted for all places in India, including small towns & cities. It is not that updates only of metros, Districts and the like will be accepted. Do not worry that the earlier ones have not yet been reviewed. The editors will do the needful and check them soon.
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Partha,

We appreciate your contributions towards updating the My India section. However, please follow these instructions-
    1. Do not put two spaces after a period (full stop.) We have made this request so many times!
    2. Do not repeat text. For example, you will give a list of landmarks and write, "This is an old, ancient temple." Next will be written, for another temple "This is also an old, ancient temple." Instead, you should write in sentence format "XYZ and PQR are both ancient temples, the former devoted to [name of God/Goddess] and the latter to [name of God/Goddess.]" Those visiting [place] should also not miss visiting the restored house of [name the person], while trekking enthusiasts would surely love hiking to the nearby waterfalls.

It is always best to write descriptive content in this manner, in sentence format, like we do for an article, instead of in a listed format.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Ms. Vandana.Thanks for reviewing updates on three cities of West Bengal. I will try to follow your advice.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.