You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Do you have a pipe key in your computer key board?

Dear Members,
    This is to know the availability of the special key called 'Pipe' (A vertical line) in your computer key board that is being used by you now.

Please be frank to post your response with yes or no with comments.

@ I expect response from every active ISC forum members including editors and ME.
    There is a vertical line on one of the keys on my laptop. So far I have not noticed. After seeing your post only I searched for it and observed. So far I have not noticed this. For the first time, I am using here. " | ". Is it the same key use are talking. I don't know where to use it and how it is used. If you have knowledge about this particular key and if you where we can use it, you can give those details also. If any other member also knows about this key, they can also mention the usefulness of this key so that we will get educated. As I have not learned the typing from any institute I never know some of the Keys on the Keyboard and where to use them.
    drrao
    always confident

Dr. Rao,
    Can you give the details of the laptop - The brand name, year of manufacture etc?

No life without Sun

Here is a pic of the keyboard on my laptop. It is weird that you do not have a 'pipe' key on your computing device. How old is your device?
    "A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

Delete Attachment

My laptop is of Dell make. The year of manufacture is 2017. No other details are available. The key shown by Juana is the same what I am talking. You have not answered my questions.
    drrao
    always confident

Thank you Juana,
    It is the appearance of broken pipe key which appears as colon in my computer key board. I never used it. You are right and I am wrong. Anyway, your pipe updated my computer keyboard knowledge. Very Many Thanks(VMT). You are ever great.

No life without Sun

Sun,

I do not see the reason to have raised a separate thread for this when you already posted the same query in response #618833 in the winners' announcement thread. You could have waited there for Juana to respond, which she did later.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.