You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Improve Your English

Which is correct among the following?

Members,
    This is to improve our English with respect to improving the use of prepositions. There are four sentences using on, in, of and at. You need to chose the correct sentence and explain.

1. The keys on my computer key board are malfunctioning.
    2. The keys in my computer key board are malfunctioning.
    3. The keys of my computer key board are malfunctioning.
    4. The keys at my computer key board are malfunctioning.

Another one
    1. Do you have this * key on your computer keyboard?
    2. Do you have this * key in your computer keyboard?
    3. Do you have this * key at your computer keyboard?
    4. Do you have this * key of your computer keyboard?
    "The Keys on my computer keyboard are malfunctioning" is the correct answer. The Keys will be there on the keyboard only and they are not inside. So The above sentence is correct. If you have Grammarly software on the computer it will show this sentence only as correct.
    "Do you have this * key on your computer keyboard?" This is the correct answer again as per my understanding and the reasons given above. I have tried all the four sentences using the above software and it is also showing this as the correct answer. Of course, first I have given the correct answer and then only I tried the others. Hope I am correct.

drrao
    always confident

Mr. Rao,
    What about the sentence -The keys OF my computer keyboard are malfunctioning. Is it wrong?

No life without Sun

The keys of my computer keyboard are malfunctioning. This is also correct. I missed this. Thank you
    drrao
    always confident

Sentence No. 3 in the first group and Sentence No. 1 in the second group are correct among the given alternatives.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

From the first list, The keys on my computer key board are malfunctioning and The keys of my computer key board are malfunctioning would be acceptable and from the second list. Do you have this * key on your computer keyboard? would be acceptable to be used.

The correct answers are 1. The keys on my computer keyboard are malfunctioning.

For another one, this is the answer: 1. Do you have this * key on your computer keyboard?

This looks like basic grammar, so will be written like this.

Do what inspires you !!

• Sign In to post your comments