You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: New Year Resolutions

What will be your new year resolution?

The new year 2018 is coming. Did you think about new year resolution? Did you follow your previous new year resolution? What will be your new year resolution for 2018?
    Yes, it is true. Another new year is fast approaching. The new year 2018 is just 18 days away. 2017 is for another just 18 days. In our life one more year passed. Days are passing very quickly. After completing one more if we look back we will understand what we achieved in this year and are we able to follow our resolutions for the year.
    As far as I am concerned I have no habit of making a resolution at the beginning of every year. I have my target for the life. What I want to study I could do that. What I want to be, I could become that. Now mostly I am more thoughts about my sons and their well being. This 2017 has given me a promotion in my life as grand Father which gave me the happiest feeling. We will start the year with the naming ceremony of her on 7th of January 2018. On that, my father will also be with me. 4 generations together there on that day. I am eagerly waiting for that.

drrao
    always confident

Yes, the new year is around the corner, every year people make resolutions of giving up alcohol, quitting smoking, leading a healthy life, becoming fit, earning money etc. But most of us get caught in the cycle of life that the resolutions take a backseat or we forget about them. There are many resolutions for this year that are normal needs of life like arranging funds for children's education, trying to secure a promotion and move up on the ladder. I have been disappointed a couple of times with people letting me down so I have not many hard and fast rules as far as resolutions go. Children have their own new year dreams and wishes which are on a grand scale and we hope we can find guidance from the Almighty to get them safe and attempt to realise their dreams. Above all, as age is catching up the need to be healthy is also on the cards. Last but not the least is the dream of a family car if all goes well. Let me see what life has in store for us in 2018.

I generally do not make any New Year resolution now a days. That is because of the earlier experiences when resolutions taken were broken very soon after the New Year started. So I do not take New Year Revolutions just for the sake of it.

So far as New Year resolution is concerned, I never change my resolution. On every New Year eve, I take the same
    resolution: To stop smoking.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Everybody tries to make some or the other resolution when the new year approaches. It is a nice way at least to follow on some good thoughts or leaving on some bad habits or trying to grasp some healthy habits from the upcoming year.
    I never make any resolution, but I always have thoughts of keeping my family happy with the upcoming year. I always want them to be happy and glowing in their life, so I pray for them.

Do what inspires you !!

Last year, my resolution was to improve my diary writing habit. Yes. I achieved it. I maintain a perfect diary of events and keep a good account of my cash handling. This year, my resolution would be - To improve my English vocabulary by learning one good word each day. I would start a thread " Word for the day......(date)" and post it everyday. Other members also can respond with a new word. This will help the ISCians to enhance their English vocabulary. Members, Watch for it. If I fail, please remind me to post.

Also, My another resolution for this year is to improve the revolution (RPM) of my good old Padmini. Presently she is making 100 kmph, and I wish to have her 120 kmph through some alteration and addition.

No life without Sun

Well for us new year begins on 14th April every year and we wont give much credence to 1st Jan every year. I do come across people taking oath and making some strong resolutions from the Happy new year and unfortunately they either forget their promises made or unable to achieve the promise. So what is the use of taking new year resolutions which are not able to be completed not it is in our hands. We must leave it to the God and he has all the balance sheet of every one of us and he knows what to give and at what time. We may try for his grace, but that wont be forth coming on our insistance..
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

My resolution is to increase work on blogging and videos on YouTube and try to post qualities contents As I feel I need to improve my Grammar and English. Second I want to give more time to family that I will try from new year but everything is not in our hand let us see what will happen.

Anyway happy new year in advance to all friends I hope this year will give joy ,happiness and lot of good news to all.

Santosh Kumar Singh
    (Sr. Microsoft Dynamics Axapta Technical,Mumbai)

Happy new year to all in advance. So far, whatever the new year resolutions I have taken, I almost do it properly. Because I set SMART goals. That is specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time bound. I should actually thank my teacher for starting up this kind of resolutions. It all started in my 5th standard. very small things like, I do home works daily, I imporove my handwriting, I learn thirukural daily.
    After few years, I understood, whatever resolution I mention as "I can do"... those I am doing, but whatever the resolution I take to stop... I am not fulfilling them. Like, I won't bite my nails, I will stop drinking aerated juices etc...

Then I understood, it is easy to pick up a new habit, but very difficult to give up on one. So, these resolutions really taught me this big lesson and I am very careful on all my repeated activities. When I started ordering pizza more than thrice in a month, I immediately understood, I' m getting addicted to it and stopped it. When I had soda after a meal again, I could realize it.

When you take up a resolution, whether you accomplish it or not, it will help you in understanding you. So, wish you at least have a new year resolution every year.
    My resolution this year is to write at least one article per month.

Sri Vetri
    Spread Positivism

The author is interested to know about other Members' new year resolution, we, the Members, are interested to know about her own new year resolution.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Till now i have not taken any resolutions but this year i would like to take because right now i am doing my PG and a strict time table has to be kept and i should follow it to score high . My resolution is follow the time table at any cost as we know that its difficult to follow resolutions.

• Sign In to post your comments