You must Sign In to post a response.
Like writing stories? Here's a wonderful opportunity to pen a charming story on Santa's cap. A simple theme, a great story - and the winner could be you!
  • Category: Reward Programs

Santa's Cap - Christmas creative story writing contest

With the merry Christmas season fast approaching, what better way to celebrate than with a contest! Write a creative, happy short story focused on Santa's cap, maybe with a little mystery, a bit of wit, a touch of romance...nothing sad, though, as Santa is a jolly fellow! All members, including editors, can submit entries for this contest.

What you have to do: Submit your story in English in Discussion Forums >> General >> Festivals. Only one entry per member is allowed. Limit your story to 500 words (minimum 350 words.) In the title, you must put the words "cap" and "Santa" or "Santa Claus". The title should not be more than 7 words maximum.

You can use conversations/dialogues in the text and incorporate other aspects of Christmas as well. However, do not put anything inappropriate or against any community/religion. No slang or SMS words, please. You may, if you wish, give only one internal link to any page of ISC.

At the end of your story, please give a link to this announcement page. Once you submit your story, post a response in this thread with a link to your story for quick reference by the jury panel.

1. The best two stories will each win Rs.200/-.
    2. The second best story will win Rs.150/-.
    3. The third best story will win Rs.100/-
    4. There will be one or two consolation prizes (Rs.75/-) if the quality of the entries is very good.

So what are you waiting for? Put on your thinking (Santa's) cap & start writing!

Submit your entries latest by 21st December 2017, midnight (IST.) Results will be announced on 24th evening/25th, in time for Christmas.

Note: For checking the word limit, please use the Word doc tool: Review - Word Count - Words.
    This is my entry

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

my entry

Santa's happy cap full of smiles

"It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

Participants, please note the additional note made at the end of the announcement text with reference to checking the Word limit of your entries, based on the query posted in this thread
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

My entry

Old Santa Claus's gift to Little Santa

My humble submission:

Santa’s cap was saviour on the Day

The entry is within the word-limit.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

My entry to the competition of Santa's Cap. Santa's Cap and Mark: Power of belief

This is my entry for the competition os Santa's cap
    The beautiful Santa's caps for the merit

always confident

Here is my entry The Santa without a cap
    "Do not give up, things might not favour you always"

Here is the entry from my side.

For a change this Santa wore a cop cap

K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Here is my entry to the Christmas creative story writing contest:
    Santa's Cap Goes Missing

Please find below the link for my entry for this contest.

Santa's cap brought happiness to his life.

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

This is my entry
    Santa's stress-buster cap

Live life Kingsize!

Please find my entry below

Santa’s cap became special for them

I'm a little late. My internet is being very unfriendly for the past few hours.

But I did write a story and I didn't want to miss out on at least submitting it. The One Where Santa Loses His Cap.

If it IS allowed entry, I thank you in advance.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Since the closing time was midnight of 21st, your entry cannot be accepted for the prizes. Thanks, though, for submitting a story for it.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.