You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

The Government extends the deadline for linking AADHAR No. with bank accounts

Yesterday I got the news. I thought it necessary to share with the Members of ISC. The Central Government has withdrawn the deadline to link AADHAR No. with bank accounts. In this connection, it is pertinent to recall that earlier the Government made it mandatory to liknk all bank accounts with AADHAR. For this purpose, the deadline was fixed to 31st December, 2017. Although the Government has withdrawn the earlier deadline, the new deadline has not yet been announced.

However, the Members may please note that the other deadlines relating to linking of AADHAR No. have not been changed. The deadline for linking AADHAR No. with PAN Card is 31st March, 2018. The deadline for linking AADHAR with Mobile No. is 6th February, 2018.

Personally I feel that we must link our AADHAR No. with bank accounts, mobile and PAN Card as early as possible, well before the deadline.
    Its a good move, however I have done that already. Government, must look into it that they should provide enough time to get an AADHAR card. So, far there are many people who could not be able to get it due to not able to provide a proper documentation which need time.

It is a good chance to those who do not link yet. At the same time, I do not understand what remedial measure taken by the concerned authorities to help those whose finger prints are not match due to various reasons. As the persons in the outlets linking the aadhaar with mobile or bank account do not know about this many old people are wandering here and there. At least this time extension will help them.

I think its good decision because a lot of people still pending to link but the date is still very limited. It should be at least one more year limit because you think about village people who do not know even meaning of linking all those think and there should be some helper for them to go his home and link all those things instead of only increasing date and limit.
    Santosh Kumar Singh
    (Sr. Microsoft Dynamics Axapta Technical,Mumbai)

I have already linked my bank account, Pan Card and mobile with my Aadhaar card. Of course Mobile is not my name. It is on my son's name and he has linked his aadhaar card with all the mobile numbers on his name. In newspapers, I have seen that the deadline as 31 March 2018. I don't know whether it is correct or not. I have a joint account with my wife. In that account, we have given both aadhaar cards.
    Many people are having a voter card. Pan card.but still, many people may have to obtain aadhaar card. That may be the reason the government has extended the last date without giving an end date.Now even aadhaar also we can apply online by going to the nearest aadhaar help centre.So people should go and do the needful. Once they get the information about the same we can download our aadhaar card. Once we get it we can get it linked to Bank account.

drrao
    always confident

It is a practical decision as some wouldn't have got their Aadhaar cards in had yet. Early this year, there was a report that 22 states and the union territories have achieved more than 90% saturation/enrollment for Aadhaar card. It would take people time to get it linked and it is often the case of deadlines getting extended to cope up with the workload and to accommodate the late coming people. Many media channels have issued the same updates that link date is extended. We have already linked our accounts and the card. I think the persistent drive by the government is to have all legal bank accounts linked with the Aadhaar card and then enable bank transaction via the Aadhaar app that can potential replace the need for having credit or debit cards. Will have to wait and see how this digital transformation happens. The only concern in people's mind is about the security of our details stored online.

The idea behind Aadhaar card was that slowly it will replace many cards so the hassles and multiplicity of the cards will reduce. It did not happen though it is hoped that it may happen in near future.

This lead to linking of other cards with Aadhaar. Now to that extent the linking part is reasonable as to catch the data attached to other cards and then stream line it. Govt is trying to bring the country under digital governance and in that light it is our duty to link our cards as directed.

Knowledge is power.

• Sign In to post your comments