You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Festivals

The Santa without a cap

It is Christmas party at office tomorrow. Mary was busy arranging food and decorating the pantry with her colleagues. Everything should look superb tomorrow. She is very creative and likes organizing events and functions. Almost everything is set, but who will be the santa Claus. That thought was annoying them. 'There will be no fun without Santa' Mary's colleague said.

Mary and her friends imagined all the colleagues as santa to find out who will be the perfect one. They finally wanted Vinod to be the santa. He is hefty, tall, has a large bouncing tummy and a chubby face. He will be the perfect one to be the santa, they decided. But the problem is, Vinod will definitely find some excuses to get rid of it as he is a bit shy. 'I've got an idea' Mary said suddenly. After hearing the idea, everyone agreed to it. As per the plan, they decided to make chits and whose ever name is picked up should be the santa for tomorrow. In all the chits they wrote Vinod's name. Thus Vinod was selected. He had no choice and hence agreed to it.

The much awaited day has arrived. Vinod when dressed up as Santa looked awesome. He along with a Carol group visited all the teams and distributed chocolates. It was so much of fun and everyone enjoyed it. Then it was time for food and all the colleagues gathered in the pantry and was rushing as if they have not seen food in ages.

After food everyone was still on Christmas mood and didn't want to work at all. They decided to click pictures near their Christmas tree. But Mary was not up for it. She gave excuses to avoid it. However, all the others wanted her to be there as she was the one who worked hard for the day. They all knew the reason for her not showing interest. Mary said 'come, I will click the picture'. No one agreed to it. Vinod said 'No, we will take a selfie so that everyone is included'. Mary was upset and was thinking for another excuse.

Mary is a cancer patient and has done chemo. Her hair, which she loved the most has almost gone. Ever since then she never clicks pictures or uploads any in social networking sites. She didn't want anyone else to see her new look except her colleagues and family whom she daily meets. Vinod said, 'you don't worry, we are there for you. You still look pretty, or prettier than before because of the cute smile of yours. If you don't want your picture to come out with this new look, here is my cap, keep it. Everyone clapped and supported Vinod. Mary kept the Santa's cap and her baldness was not visible. They clicked couple of pictures which had all happy faces, with Santa who didn't have a cap.
    While the writing was very good, but Santa without cap does not suit as the cap would be highlight for any Santa and that means incomplete costume.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

A very nice narration and really nice story with perfectly embedded mystery and emotions in it shown in a real life enviornment.
    "It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

Good narration and nice words. I liked the idea. Fun filled and a little bit of emotion. I appreciate the for her good writing skills and as Mohan said she might have mentioned that Vinod has taken a cap from his table and offered it to Mary.But in that case, the story title is to be changed. Anyhow it is not that important, I feel.
    drrao
    always confident

Nice story or write up about Santa keeping the hard working organizer who is a cancer patient. I think the title, Santa without a cap hints at Mary who has lost her hairs due to chemotherapy for a cancer. The shy chubby Vinod finally loves playing Santa and as a kind gesture gives his cap to Mary. Good thoughts reflecting the Christmas spirit. I like the title, Santa without a cap, difficult to imagine, hence attracts attention of the reader.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.