You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Creative Writing

Happy Christmas and New Year - A story from ISCians

Members,
    Recently, we wrote a 24 sentence story successfully. Now another chance to show off your creative ability. Let us write another 24 sentence story with the alphabets from "HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR' This contains 24 alphabets. Let each member write a sentence starting from 'H' ...'A' ...'P" and so on upto 'R". What you write should be a creative story relating to Christmas and New year. (One member should write only one sentence in his response. However, they can come up with another sentence in their next response)

On completion of the story writing, members will be requested to post a suitable title to the story. The best title will be awarded suitably from ISC Gift shop..
    Happy days are coming again, as usual, every year in the form Christmas and new year and all trying to get ready for celebrating the same with much fanfare.
    drrao
    always confident

People from all caste and religion participate in the great festival of Christmas, as mid night mass on that day and on the eve of new year gains significance.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mohan,
    You jumped and missed out the alphabet A. Kindly edit your response with 'A'. and delete your 'P' post

No life without Sun

When I was writing I could see Dr Rao used HA and thus I skipped to P. Any way here is the content.

All the people would gather for the mid night mass on the Christmas day and also on the new year day as the children would be busy in collecting gifts from Santas.

K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Peter, a little boy was waiting in the queue for his turn to see Santa Claus at the Church wherein children would be allowed to sit on the lap of Santa, get a chocolate candy to eat, parents would take a picture and last but not the least Santa would give each and every child a lovely gift that Peter always looked forward to.

Peter got his lovely gift from Santa and came running to his friend Padmanabha and said,"Look at this gift. My Santa gave me." and Padmanabha asked,"Who is Santa and what is Santa?"
    No life without Sun

Yielding to his demands, Peter took Padmanabha back into the Church, stood in the line waiting to meet Santa and by the time their turn came, Peter had given a simple explanation about Santa and the Christmas festival which amazed Padmanabha.

Catching a gift from Santa gave a lot of enthusiasm to Padmanabha and after thanking his friend for explaining Santa ran home to show the gift and explain to them about his experience in receiving the gift.
    drrao
    always confident

@ Member, Natarajan,
    You slipped. The 24 sentence story is with the alphabets in "Happy Christmas and New year'.

@ Dr. Rao, you followed the way of Natarajan.

Natarajan, Kindly get back to 'Y', And Dr. Rao, get back to 'C'

No life without Sun

Thanks for picking up the mistake, Mr.Sun, forgot the rules, the old contest is still in my mind ! will change it to Y.

Thanks. I have also corrected the sentence as per the contest letter. I think now it is on track and it can be continued further,
    drrao
    always confident

Having seen the Christmas Gift received by his grandson Padmanabha , Mr. Ramachandran asked Padmanabha," Padma, Can you tell me something interesting about Santa, and why he pleases the children with gifts?"
    No life without Sun

Recollecting what he had heard from Peter, Padmanabha enlightened his grandfather about Santa being a jovial person, dressed in a bright red suit and the way he made children happy always with a smile on his face.

"I am very happy", Mr, Ramachandran, the grandfather of Padmanabha, told his grandson and asked him to have his dinner for which Padmanabha nodded his head and just gone to the washroom to have a wash.
    drrao
    always confident

Suddenly, Mr. Ramachandran thought about his good old classmate Queeni, a Christian girl, with whom he had his love affairs from 1960 to 1965.
    No life without Sun

The thought started and he got a blushing smile on his face as he thought about Queeni. The joyful days of his college got spread in his head and he thought of meeting his friends again.
    Do what inspires you !!

Much to his astonishment, when Mr. Ramachandran asked Padmanabha to invite Peter's parents to his home on New year day, the message was conveyed, and Peter brought his grandmother who was Queeni, the past lover girl of Ramachandran.
    No life without Sun

Although Queeni was in front of him, Ramachandran has to pinch himself to believe that it was all true and through his grandson during the festivities of Christmas, Santa had given him a chance to meet a good and kind-hearted lady from his college days.

Seeing Queeni there he got delighted and invited him into his house with a lot of happiness on his face and admiration for her visit to his house and his joy was knew no bounds after seeing her.
    drrao
    always confident

After a few minutes a handsome looking senior citizen walked in, introduced himself as Mr.John, Queeni's husband upon which Mr.Ramachandran initially felt sad but later was happy to hear Queeni's life story.

Neatly shaved and dressed John appeared much active and started talking to all and encouraging Queeni to narrate their story to all.
    drrao
    always confident

Deleted.
    No life without Sun

Deeply in her own thoughts, Queeni started to speak, hastily she told that she had a tough time after her marriage, while she raised her children. John seems little depressed seeing her expressions.
    Do what inspires you !!

Nevertheless, all forgot their past regretful events in their life, and planned to celebrate New year in a very special way.
    No life without Sun

Engaged in hearing fully Ramachandran forgot to offer even tea to the guests, but her wife came into the hall with beautiful cakes, sweets and tea to them and got introduced herself to all.
    drrao
    always confident

"Waheeda, He is Mr. John and she is his good wife Queeni" said Mr. Ramachandran, and Queeni astonished to hear the name Waheeda, a Muslim name, and she stared at Ramachandran.
    No life without Sun

Yes, Queeni, Mr.Ramachandran said, reading the mind of Queeni and narrated the love story of Waheeda, who had a failed love marriage and both had met at a social function wherein Mr.Ramachandran felt it was God's wish as Waheeda resembled Queeni, almost like a twin sister!

@ From the author's Desk.
    Members,
    Members posting' E' and' A 'can comply with my instruction to post a single sentence only. However, the member posting the last alphabet' R' has the freedom to write any number of sentences to conclude the story with a good End.

No life without Sun

Everyone remained silent after hearing the narration from Ramachandran about his good wife Waheeda in his life.
    No life without Sun

After seeing Queeni and listening to the heartfelt narration of Ramachandran, Waheeda finally understood why Ramachandran was instantly attracted to her on their first meeting 40 years ago.

Ramachandran was very happy that he met his old friend and her husband on the day of Christmas and gave them good gifts as they have been there for the first time. As both the families are staying the same place their families have become close and they have developed good harmony among themselves. All of them never forget the day of Christmas the day they were reunited.
    drrao
    always confident

@ From the author's Desk
    Well, the 24 sentence story ended well with a happy note.
    All the participants and the readers are now requested to select a suitable title to this story and post it here.

No life without Sun

Glad that the story has ended well. My title for this would be along the lines of Santa' Magic in Ramachandran's Life

I want to go with a title. "The day of reunion-Christmas".

I feel this is better as all people will reunite with Santa on this day and the same thing happened in the main characters of this story.

drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments