You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Foreign Affairs

What would be the reaction of Pakistanis to this comment?

Pakistan has always tried to forget its common past with India. Decades after decades Pakistanis are forced to believe by their establishment and religious leaders that they are the descendants of Arabians. The average Pakistanis have now deviated west-ward, instead of moving east-ward.

Recently, the Saudi Arabian Defence Minister and a member of Saudi royal family, Muhammad Bin Salman, has made a controversial statement. He is reported to havee said: "Pakistanis are our slaves." This has been reported by a Pakistani journalist, Tanveer Arain. This statement conclusively proves that the Saudi Arabians don't consider the Pakistanis their equal.

I am very curious to know the reaction of the Pakistanis on the statement of the Saudi Defence Minister.
    I don't want to comment about it and it is not good for me to comment about a country who is nothing but our neighbour be it enemy or friend. It is totally about Pakistan and its people, let them handle it for what is being said about them. Had it affected to us or India, I could have definitely commented about it.

I agree with Jeets. Please reserve our comments on this point. The matter is between Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. Let them discuss and decide. This nothing to do with our country.
    drrao
    always confident

People do it quite often. Hitler called himself a true Aryan. We keep comparing ourselves with rich ethnicities in order to earn racial advantage.
    It's a very common thing. Pakistanis can be Arabians. Because the great Muslim circuit goes through Afghanistan to the east.
    I'm talking about religious background and not political here because Pakistan was made on the basis of religion.
    There isn't enough scientific proof backing it though.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

I don't think we need to stop commenting on other countries because it does not concern us We have commented upon Donald Trump before, we have commented upon Populist leaders around the world. So, we can comment but the primary focus should be on the nature of information and the source of information. This statement basically condemns Pakistan. It's like using a little bit of history, twisting facts and coming to a different conclusion. Such statements would have a profound impact on the relationships between countries in the Arab World. These news reports need to be interpreted with caution, first needs to be verified for authenticity and then commented upon. Interesting Pakistan's ex-army chief is in charge of the Arab Alliance for the fight against terrorism. Let some confirmation come out maybe later we can discuss or express our opinions.

As long Indians named are not called , we need not worry about the prestige and position of other countries and surely their past behaviour might have mattered.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I respect the opinions of individual Members. But I fully agree with the Saudi Defence Minister. The behaviour of Pakistanis before the the Saudis is just like a slave before a master. But what about the Pakistanis' belief about their past?
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

• Sign In to post your comments