You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Festivals

Guru Gobind Singh Prakash Utsav

Today is very auspicious. On this day in 1666, Guru Gobind Singh, the tenth Guru of Sikhism, was born at Patna. He was the son of Guru Tegh Bahadur. The great Guru founded Khalsa at Anandpur Sahib in 1699 on the occasion of Baisakhi. Khalsa was founded to fight against the injustice, the evil.

Guru Gobind Singh lost his sons in the battles against Mughals. He and his followers suffered a lot, but he never left the path of truth and courage. He never surrendered before the evil force. Ultimately his way prevailed.

On this auspicious day, let us remember what the Guru said: "I came into the world charged with the duty to uphold the right in every place, to destroy sin and evil... the only reason I took birth was to see that righteousness may flourish, that good may live, and tyrants be torn out by their roots.''

On this auspicious day, let us say: ''Waheguru da Khalsa, Waheguru di Fateh" (Waheguru's beloved Khalsa, Victory to Waheguru).
    " Waheguru da Khalsa, Waheguru di Fateh".
    A good information from the author as usual.
    We all heard about, The great Satya Harischandra who never deviated from the path of truth and courage.
    He never escaped from the promises he has made. He has to sell his wife and son also for clearing the promises he has made and he lost his entire empire. Even then he never left his righteous path and continued his life in a similar fashion. When I read this post I remembered his story and I thought I can share the same with all of you.
    Thanks to the author for sharing a very good history.

drrao
    always confident

The author has been enlightening us various kinds of information and this one is one of that in the series . My best wishes to all the Sikh brothers and sisters on the occasion of Guru Govind Singh birthday.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Glad to hear about the achievements of this great leader who took upon suffering to uphold truth and righteousness. Many faiths have such leaders who have preached and stood for all the good human qualities but it is the people who have changed along with passage of time.

• Sign In to post your comments