You must Sign In to post a response.
It is time to express your appreciation for an ISCian's contributions for 2017. Read the instructions in this thread and nominate fellow members for a prestigious Badge.
  • Category: Reward Programs

Inviting members for Badge nominations - closing date 31st December 2017

As we wind down the year with 2017, we are in the process of renewing some of the badges which were awarded earlier but matured due to the fixed number of days installed by the system (note here that the proficient writer badge now is for one year as against the fewer number of days it was assigned earlier.) We would like to invite members to nominate their fellow ISCians for the various badges, including those new members who are worthy of it. No self-nominations are allowed, even though the page states that you can nominate yourself, due to misuse of this aspect.

How to nominate: Visit the profile page of the member and click on 'Nominate for Badge' link at the bottom of the page. You will then see the page where you (a) select the type of badge from the drop-down list provided, and (b) put in some text in the comments box to indicate the reason for nomination.

If the badge is already present at the member's profile page, then you need not nominate for that badge. A member can be awarded multiple badges. Please nominate with impartiality and only those really deserving of the badges, based on contributions during this year.

Everyone is requested to see the earlier invitation and not come up with needless queries already discussed in that thread.
    Kindly let the Members know the badges for which nomination is invited. This would help the Members to decide beforehand.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

The following members so far received badges today (some renewed ) -
    1. Juana - Proficient Writer
    2. Venkiteswaran - Talented Writer
    3. Sheo Shankar Jha - Super Contributor for AE section
    4. Soundharya - Talented Writer
    5. K. Mohan - Super Contributor for Forum section
    6. Ravi Shankar - Super Contributor for Jobs section

Members can congratulate them in this thread itself rather than raising separate individual threads for them.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Partha,

Members can see the list of badges which has been provided in the earlier thread to which the link has been given above.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Vandana Mam,

I sent a nomination just now.

Do what inspires you !!

Congratulations for all the winners of the badges. Wishing you all the very best.

My hearty congratulations to all the badge winners and I wish them all the best in winning the badges further now in many other fields of their contributions.
    drrao
    always confident

Vandana, whenever I nominate someone, I am redirected back to login. Why is that?
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

My hearty congrats to all the members with a badge on this day. I would nominate the other members deserving a badge.
    No life without Sun

Just now I nominated only one member who deserve a badge. The nominated member truely deserves a badge. Hope ISC will consider my nomination. His code is DK. I will make public this code DK after the announcement of badges.
    No life without Sun

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]

Like Aditya, I am also redirected to the login page whenever I am nominating a member.
    Regards
    Chitra
    "Do not give up, things might not favour you always"

Aditya & Chitra, I will forward the problem to the Webmasters.

Members should note that at any time of the year they can nominate members for badges.

I also have had the same problem as reported by Mr. Aditya Mohan and Ms. Chitra. Even then, I have nominated some Members for the badge, but not sure whether the nominations have been received by the ME, or not.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

I have checked just now. The nominations put in by everyone have got registered properly, including those put in by Partha, Aditya and Chitra. So not to worry about being taken back to the login page.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.