You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Today it is Mohammed Rafi's 93rd birthday

Today is the 93rd birthday of legendary Singer Mohammed Rafi. Google paid a great tribute to him by creating a doodle today. Rafi was born in 1924 on this day. The original name for him is Pheeko. He has given his first public performance during his 13th year. His first song in the movies is in a Hindi movie,'gaon ki gori'. He sang more than 5000 songs. He sang about 310 songs in other languages.He won National Award for playback singing in 1977. The great singer died on 31st July 1980. Let us pay our tributes to the great singer on his birthday.
    Great Rafi. How can we forget the great singer of the past. His song " Oh Duniya ke Rakhwale" still lingers in my heart and mind. Rakhwale.....Rakhwale............Rakhwale......................Rakhwale.......................................Rakhwale............................................................................!
    What a raising high pitch from the low Rakhwale to high Rakhwale.

No life without Sun

Really a great singer, his marvelous voice still touches our hearts. Although I do not listen to old songs much, I sometimes hear on radio his great songs.
    Do what inspires you !!

In the morning when I opened the Google search engine, I was pleased to see their tribute to the legendary late Mohd Rafi and they also gave the link for his various rendition songs. In All India Radio Vividh Bharathi, every day his songs are played in old songs slot and especially during the Chaya geet session. I am the ardent fan of Rafi and his soulful songs are always admired by me and all. In the film Guide all his songs were wonderful and the music were by S D Burman. Even today the songs are admired and appreciated by the youth of modern India. I challenge we cannot get his texture of voice in the present genre of singers.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I want to wish for the 93rd birthday of legendary Singer Mohammed Rafi. He was so super singer and his all songs directly touch to heart. I like his all songs and feeling no other replacement for him till date.
    Santosh Kumar Singh
    (Sr. Microsoft Dynamics Axapta Technical,Mumbai)

An apt google doodle, Mohammed Rafi, a true legend of Indian music with great timeless numbers both happy and sad songs. He had numerous songs to his credit as a playback singer and has left his mark on Bollywood and the Indian music history. His fans estimated that he had sung around 25,000 thousand songs and had a brief unverified entry into Guinness records that was later deleted. Glad to say that Mohammed Rafi along with others had dedicated a song "suno suno ae duniyawalon Bapuji ki amar kahani" in honor of Mahatma Gandhi after his assassination. One of those rare celebrities who was known to be humble, calm nature and his charity work.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.