You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Problems/Complaints

Is LE of ISC is above than forum policy?

First let my humble request to editors not to delete my thread but answer me genuinely.

I am talking about the thread Satyamev Jayate

The response no:#620167 of Lead Editor Saji Ganesh, purposely brought out religion in this thread better known to him. When the thread was discussing about the overall matter in Indian History. Was there any need to bring out any particular religion? What intention he has? The response was neither deleted nor edited.

The response number of mine #62030922 when I counter answer to LE, the entire post was deleted that too with -5 points.

May I know why? It is often seen that ISC editor do not want to hear anything against them they can talk anything but they can't hear against them.

Above all if I oppose them, they will not make anything less to suspend me.

May I know why this double standard?
    I am astonished to find the relevant comment of Mr. Jeets in my thread ''Satyameva Jayate'' has been deleted and he has been awarded 5 negative points. The concerned Editor can announce that those responses which do not conform to his/her dogmatic views, will be awarded negative points.

I strongly object to the action of the concerned Editor in that thread. He/She has been destroying scope of discussion in Forum section systematically.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

It is not new to ISC. It is like the fence eating the crop. Preach that you don't practice. Even I have mentioned earlier that there are Super Editors at ISC who are far superior to Managing Editor. I too wondered to see the thread locked and Jeets's response deleted. Jeets is a straight forward guy. The editor specifically mentioned a religion in particular when the discussion was about few personalities without any mention of their religion.

The concerned Editor need to realize, understand and act like an Editor.

No life without Sun

Everyone,

Please look at the overall picture and let's have a calm discussion instead of expressing things in an over the top manner.

With regard to the action taken - There is no need to pounce on a particular Editor. We have a team of forum editors, so why assume that the editor you are referring to is the one and only one editor taking all the action?

With regard to the response he gave - any member can bring an aspect into a discussion which is an expression of his/her views. If the member feels that there are religious connotations/undertones in responses of other members, then possibly in that context the religion factor was brought in. In fact, others have, in their turn, expressed their views on that, stating that it was wrong to do so. So nothing wrong either way.

What went wrong? Why the minus points? The response seems to have crossed the line by referring to the editor as being blind and making a personal remark at the end. The forum posting guidelines do state, "Personal attacks and name-calling are not allowed."

Now, knowing the real scenario, you can state your views - in a reasonable manner, please.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

All right!

What about your editor attack personally MS ME?

The remark - "Let us not make all Muslims (because you think so) our enemies". Don't you think this is been just said to create an negative image of Mr. Partha. Who has been justified by your LE that he is enemy of muslims?

What would you like to say about it? Because he has mentioned the sentence in comma ( because you think so) what does it mean?

Madam vandana,
    The concerned Editor's open response as in Jeets # 621031 -""Let us not make all Muslims (because you think so) our enemies". should also be deleted. It is an uncalled remarks and in bad taste.

No life without Sun

No Jeets, I do not think it was a deliberate attempt at projecting Partha in a wrong light. See the context, please.
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

The concerned Editor thinks that he is the only saviour of a particular community in India! So, he often becomes over-jealous.

Why not? Just because he is an editor he can say anything he wants. Above all when a member is offended with remark, you are trying to save your editors?

The thing is, the rules are different for members and editors. If a member get offended, there is no value but if editor get offended, the post gets deleted.

I have seen this in your thread too where you have remarked some member as "Shark".

First look at yourself then come to comment Ms ME.

Jeets,

This is going to be my last response in this thread since I have had my say & there is no point in trying to explain things further.

You are sadly mistaken if you think I try to "save" editors. I have personally taken action in other threads for violation of forum posting guidelines.

With reference to the shark comment: There is no need to drag in some other thread to take this thread off-track. Since you have brought it in, let me tell you, since you have all muddled thoughts about it & just to make things clear: The reference to shark was not made with reference to you at all or any ISCian as such. It is just that you think so. It was remarked in a totally sporting way & with my own general sense of humour, referring to the general barbs made at me and not to any of the ISCians in particular. If you cannot see the wit in that statement, then I cannot help it!

Nothing more to say. No more explanations!

After all, an editor cannot go against another editor. It is the groupism in any institution. ISC is not an exemption to this. END.
    No life without Sun

ME, neither I am a 2nd standard kid nor I have newly joined in ISC. I know exactly how ISC editors behave with me. If I ever want to drag this issue, I have many such instances to keep in front of you.

However one advice for you try not to make such witty remarks which offend people. Also do let us know what action you have taken to keep ISC transparent and honest.

In my thread ''Satyameva Jayate'', I tried to point out various discrepancies in history education of our country. We don't study details of about Satbahanas, Palas, Nandas, Chalukyas, Kharbel (Orissa), Bhaskarvarma (assam) and many other great dynasties and kings. Some periods are totally blank. We don't know about Goa Inquisition and some other regional great rulers. We don't know thousands of freedom fighters who adopted violent means to free India. We don't know about naval mutiny, the last battle of independence. We don't study true history of partition.

The concerned Editor didn't understand what I meant to say in the thread because of his (lack of) depth of knowledge on the subject. So, he abused me and opined: "Let us not make all Muslims (because you think so) our enemies".

Unfortunately for me and fortunately for him, I had to remain in hospital for a few days because of illness of a near relative who has now left the world, otherwise I would again prove the veracity of my Forum-footer to the Editor.

Now, this is the best example that how Editors teaches us to comments such kind of remarks. I would not be surprise if such kind of comments started coming in future. Hope, at that time the 'context", editors talking about would not be forgotten.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.