You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Requests

How to cancel my ISC account

I got despair due to lose of permission to post articles in articles. I have tried to request before to post articles in articles section. It is wasting of my time to request again and again to allow of posting articles. So I would like to quit from ISC. So webmaster is requested to consider this to cancel my ISC account permenantly.
    KNCaryulu, after you post this thread, I went to your profile page. To know that you are one of the old member here with 159 articles in your name. How, suddenly you can decide that you want to leave ISC? Where people like me who has hardly any contribution in article section is fighting against all odd to be in ISC, you are talking about leaving?

Bear it, you will have your answer to happily continue your journey in ISC. Above all, you can't cancel your account here. Once you registered, always will be here. Unless, you yourself leave and go out of ISC.

KNCharyulu,

As such, a member cannot cancel an account at ISC because the contributions of the member remain under the copyrights of ISC. What can be removed is any details which you have entered during registration and are, in any case, private and known only to the Webmasters. Also, we encourage members to continue with ISC for the long term and the popular saying is "Once an ISCian, always an ISCian." You yourself have been with ISC for over 6 years and you are talking about leaving!

Please do not be discouraged by your posting permission being removed from the article section. We have to respect the rules and if your posting permission was removed, you simply need to get it back the right way. That is, start being active in the forum and contribute in other sections. For example, you can start answering queries in our Ask Expert section and submit jobs. Since you have been away from ISC for a long while, you need to regain the trust of the Webmasters by proving that you can submit quality contributions in adherence to the site's guidelines.

So please don't be disheartened and just quit summarily like this. Don't give up on hope - ever. Do please try to get back the posting permission.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

KNCharyulu, please do not become desperate.
    Restricting your permission for posting articles is not going to be the end of the world for you. You can still be active in other sections where you can share your knowledge and expertise in whatever field you are an expert.
    Many members had faced such restriction for one or other section including article section at one or other time.
    I do not know whether you know why the permission denied. If so you wait and rectify the defects and drawbacks either by waiting for a certain period and acquiring more skill in tat area.

In the meanwhile you can participate in the forum section. There you can come up with good creative threads and posts. You may also participate in any other section too.By and by after a certain period you may be able convince that the reason for restriction no longer exists and you may get your permission back.

There are many many members in ISC who do not post articles but remain active in other sections.

Please remove your desperation and be active in forum and other sections. We would be happy to see your good posts.

Madam, your words may be like sweet pouring in the throat. But, this feeling is coming from my heart even though I have tried posting forum questions and answers. Is there any limit to points to get the focus to retain the permission to post articles in the article section.

KNCharyulu,

Let me tell you that what I expressed was also from my heart. It was not mere camouflaged sweet talk. I do feel bad for you since you've been here with us for so many years.

You do not need to bother about points at all but focus, instead, on the quality of your contributions. Be active in the other sections, especially the AE section, and request for posting permission to be restored after 15 days. The editors of the sections where you contribute will guide you if you go wrong somewhere, put you back on track and will give their input after 15 days. So hoping to see your enthusiastic activity again at ISC!

{Updating this response - it seems your posting permission was removed some two years back due to submitting copied content. So please take care when answering questions in the AE section to not include copied text.}

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

KNCharyulu,

Don't be in a hurry. Things will become alright. The Managing Editor in her post clearly told you why your permission for Articles section was stopped. She asked you to continue in other section just for 2 weeks. After that, you can raise another request for permitting you on article section. Once you start posting in thread section and Ask Expert sections your postings will get highlighted and you may be given back permission for posting articles very soon also. So don't be upset. Try to be active on the ISC and try further.
    I wish all the best for you.

drrao
    always confident

Since you are a valuable member for us and having contributed so many good articles in the past just for one mistake you could have been banned from writing articles. But that is not permanent scenario. Now that you made formal request to remove the ban, ISC may consider the request. Please wait for the announcement of lifting ban and then you can continue. If you leave the site , the seniority position is also lost. So never make any hurried decision.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I have just submitted one article so far and staying in the forum. Once I got the hang of the forum, I've started answering ask the expert questions now. I soon plan to contribute articles. If my articles get rejected, it't not the end, I'll stick to forum. Similarly please consider the idea of being in the forum regularly, we would welcome you and I'm sure all the seniors would answer your threads. Anyway the ME has given you a good time bound chance. Have you tried answering/adding comments to the articles that are already approved? because I'm doing it and it gives me a chance to read the article and also understand the flow of thoughts and how they are conveying the message. Please give this a try. Once you post good comments to approved articles, the editors of the section would consider your request favorably.

Funny,
    Even after spending good six years at ISC, the member is not aware that once an ISCian is always an ISCian. one can take birth as ISCIan but can never see his death as ISCian. Your name remains in ISC as long as ISC lives on this good earth. You remain immortal in ISC. Having an account at ISC whether active or inactive is not harmful to the member or beneficial to ISC. Live it out Mr. Charyulu.

No life without Sun

This is my "witty" reply to Sun.

Sun, death is possible for ISCian if the powerful people decide it. But, one have to fight for it. I have been gone to "coma" so many times but beaten the death and fought back. So, if there is life, there is fight, it is the same goes with ISC.

• Sign In to post your comments