You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

What will be your all time ODI playing eleven of Indian Cricket?

In India, 3 topics are more common in which people show their knowledge and can debate unlimited duration. The 3 topics are Cricket, politics and Movie, we are undoubtedly the best on these topics.

My this thread is all about cricket. We often talk like a selector, "if that player would have been played, things would have different". Some time we talk like as if we are the captain! "If the last over would have given to some particular bowler, we would have won". " He could have gone for six rather than waiting for the ball"! We always discuss and debate.

So, let's have a chance to select the best ODI playing eleven according to you. You can select any player from any era which you feel the best for you.

This is here my all time ODI playing eleven.

1. Virendra Sehwag
    2. Sachin Tendulkar
    (opening player)
    3. Virat Kohli
    4. Saurav Ganguly (Captain undoubtedly)
    5. M.S.Dhoni (Wicket Keeper)
    6. Kapil Dev (The all-rounder)
    7. Javagal Srinath
    8. Bhuvaneshar Kumar
    9. Anil Kumble (leg sppiner)
    10. Hardik Pandya
    11. Aswin (off sppiner)

Do you have your all time ODI team?
    My Choice of cricket players If I was made the ODI captain:

Sunil Gavaskar
    Vengsarkar
    Anshuman Gaekwad
    Eknath Solkar
    Kapil Dev
    Dilip Doshi
    Kirmani (Keeper)
    Prasanna
    Bedi
    Venkatragavan

K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

There many players who played an excellent cricket in various formats of cricket. Selecting best 11 from that lot is a little difficult task. The likes of Sunil Gavaskar, Rahul Dravid, Dilip vengasarkar are very good players with a lot of technics, as you asked for an ODI I have given more importance to hitters. As such I give my list. If you want to a test match the combination may be different. Saurav will be a better option as a captain. The players are,
    Virendra Sehwag,
    Sourav Ganguly,
    Sachin Tendulkar,
    Virat Kohli,
    Dhoni,
    kapil Dev,
    Anil Kumble,
    Srinath,
    Ashwin,
    Chawla,
    Engineer.

drrao
    always confident

Great chance to dream of the Glory days of Indian cricket and to express thanks that we have a decent team for the next series. You have made an excellent selection so far and given us the privilege of being a selector of ODI.
    If it was the earlier 50 over format, I wouldn't change much expect to add Venkatesh Prasad instead of Javagal Srinath. I still love the moment he gave a fitting reply to Aamir Sohail in the 1996 WC when clean bowled him after Sohail taunted him to get the ball back after a 4 in the previous ball.
    If we are facing Pakistan I would make MS Dhoni Captian and Ganguly as Vice-captain because one is cool under stress, the other is flamboyant to show some teeth in such epic encounters.

• Sign In to post your comments