You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Final thread post of 2017

It will be interesting; I would like to know,

Who is going to post the final thread of the year? And who is posting the first thread of 2018? Anybody can guess? Can suggest cash prize/extra points etc, for that!?

Any thought?
    Probably, the midnight operators of ISC would post their last and first thread in the forums. Generally, I used to be awake at 2359 hrs every day. Unfortunately, I won't be online at 2359 hrs on 31st Dec 2017/0001 hrs on 01 Jan 2018 due to personal commitments.

Who are the other midnight operators of ISC?

No life without Sun

I have seen some lady members of this great site on line during mid night and they might have the chance to post the last thread and also have the privilege of posting first thread. By the way I would be awake by 4 am daily and may have the chance to respond as first to those threads raised in the wee hours. Nevertheless there cannot be competition on this , who ever awake and has the zeal to contribute and forge ahead would take that privilege. Some of the new members are very active here and I would expect them to take this pride and post the last thread of 2017 and first post of 2018 year.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I will give it an honest try. Let me see whether I can post the first thread of 2018, or not.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Wow you just spoiled the sport. Now atleast 10 members are going to post their threads as the last thread of 2017. I originally planned to write a poem and post it sharp at 12.

Well, let's see if that is going to be possible.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Wah! It is going to be a tough competition as to who will post the first thread for the year 2018. Please do not struggle to type at the last minute. You may miss it to be the first. Have your message prepared in words, and have it copied and ready to paste by 0000 hrs, and as the clock struck 12, paste it without wasting a second.

I will congratulate the first post member.

No life without Sun

There will be problems with errors in time.
    Time should match with website timing.
    @Sun, Will you be able to type at 31st midnight?!

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Please don't get me wrong, there shouldn't be a competition or a prize for us to post a thread at midnight or on new year's day. It's should be a relevant post with meaning. Just for fun and in the spirit of New Year, the admin can send a virtual gift for all active members to acknowledge their contributions, and a mail to the non-active members to wish them and encourage them to participate once again in ISC next year.

The way the members are showing interest to post first at the stroke of 12 am, there seems to be rush and the site may get even jammed. Let there be spontaneous posting and not rush to create record.
    K Mohan

Thus, we can get the fortunate ISC member from the rushing ISCians at midnight when the clock struck at 0001 hrs. .
    No life without Sun

It is nice to be the first to post the thread at the first minute of the new year 2018. Let us wait and see who will be the lucky guy. I will be sleeping at that time. I never am online at 12 Midnight. Generally, I will be sleeping. I will try to be awake today and see who is the last person for this year and who will be the first person next year. Generally, I will open the Laptop only after 10 AM. Tonight I will try to open and see. All the best for the people who want to get this credit.
    drrao
    always confident

Haha... This seems to be a competition now as to who will be posting their first thread of 2018.
    I have always been writing in ISC mostly after 12 midnight. But today since I have the New year party, I will not be able to write at exact 12:00 AM. So, will be excited to see who will be posting their very first thread of the new year.
    I will, however, be writing at midnight as I normally do, will catch out the ISC fun then.

Do what inspires you !!

By the way when most of us would be busy to wish the near and dear ones at the stroke of 12 am , I fear many may miss or even forget to come here. I shall also try to be here.
    K Mohan

It is really suspense who become the first contributor of year 2018. I will be not first contributor , this is because I regularly writing or posting any job after 5:00 AM. But I am interested to know about who will become first contributor of new year 2018

Happy New Year 2018

Phagu
    Success occurs when opportunity and preparation meet.

Earlier I thought that I would participate in this interesting competition, but in the evening I have purchased three interesting books at throwaway price. So, I am withdrawing myself from this competition. Best wishes in advance to the last contributor of 2017 and first contributor of 2018.

Happy New Year in advance to all Members.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

From the records I have observed the final thread and the first thread was posted by none other than Venkiteswaran sir and we must appreciate his endeavor in this regard.
    K Mohan

Happy to be second to Venkiteswaran to post my thread at 0003 hrs.

Congrats to Venkiteswaran for being the last of 2017 and the first of 2018.

Happy New Year to all my lovely ISC brothers and sisters.

No life without Sun

Thanks and congratulation Venketeswaran Ji for the outstanding last and the excellent first!
    I hope, all enjoyed 31st night with hypnotic dance moves!......and I think, some went hysterical also!!

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.