You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

'On the Eve of' the coming new year

Today is New Years Eve. 'Eve' when used as a phrase means the day that precedes a major event, celebration or festival.

On the first day of our creation, many believe that there was darkness(night), then light(day). Similarly, on Christmas Eve, many traditional people still celebrate it as the evening of the birth of Jesus. Th practice of celebrating New year's eve dates back to pre Christian Era.The current widely used English calendar was introduced by Pope Gregory XIII in 1582. It was slowly embraced in Europe and in 1752, England and USA started following it. The other countries or races continued practising their own calendars, hence each having a different new year day.

On New Year's Eve, people take a trip down memory lane, think of all that has happened in the last one year and prepare with hope and expectation to welcome the new year. Practically, it gives us a chance to think of any last minute jobs, preparations to be done, list of people to be met or wished, gifts to be bought etc.

So, members and visitors, 'On the eve of' the coming year, think along the last few lines and prepare to welcome the New year.
    Well hardly few hours left for this year to wind up and new year shall start with right earnest. Yes we might have achieved some success, met with failures, might have faced challenge times during this year. Not necessarily all those would continue. Let us begin the new year with right earnest and may all good things that were missed this year happen to all.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Good. Within another few years the year 2017 go into the dawn and another year 2018 will raise the curtains. The year 2017 is a good year as far as I am concerned. I entered in a new area of work during this year and I am progressing well in that and I hope I will continue my time there with a good contribution for the good of the company as well myself. I am very happy with the promotion I got in my life as Grandfather. My new year will start with a good note of naming ceremony to my granddaughter on 6th and 7th January 2018. My son and the daughter in law are busy in selecting a name for her.
    Another good thing happened in my life is I have become regular on ISC. I published some articles also and I have been in the article section superstars list for at least a brief period for which I feel very happy. I hope I will be lucky enough to be active on this site in the year 2018 also.

always confident

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.