You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Reward Programs

Topic for the TOW contest for the week 31st Dec'17 - 6th Jan'18 : Jewel

Now it is time to announce the topic for the Thread of the Week contest for the last week of this month i.e 31st Dec'17 - 6th Jan'18. And the topic is : Jewel.

What you have to do is:
    1. Submit a forum thread on the given topic in the forum in the appropriate category.
    2. Provide clickable link of the URL of your forum thread as a response in this thread to be considered as an entry for the contest.
    3. Only one entry per member is allowed.
    4. It should be unique, precise and must be well conceived and well written.
    5. All members including editors are invited to participate.

The winner will be given a cash reward of Rs 60/- with 60 additional points and the Special Prize winners will get Rs 40/- and 40 points each. Other eligible threads also may be awarded suitably. Why to wait? Let your imagination swing into action to turn it into a Forum thread with your thoughts on the given topic.

The closing date of the contest is 6th Jan.,2018.
    Here is the submission from my side on the said topic.
    Forum section is the "jewel" in the crown of ISC. Do you agree with me ?

K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Here is my entry for TOW :

Etiquettes are the jewels of an individual

Do what inspires you !!

Pranita, since it is a contest and it should be precise, Please mention the word limit of the title and the range limit of the content words. The deadline as midnight of 6th Jan 2018, because some late entries might come in. The first entry has around 100 words, the second around 175. Great start for the new year.

I agree with Mr. Natarajan. Kindly specify the word-limit of the contest essay, at least for the sake of relatively new Members. If there is no word-limit, that should also be mentioned.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

This is a routine contest that is being conducted every month. This is not a new one and not an essay contest So all the rules and regulations applicable to a post in forum section are applicable to this also. So the members who are interested can refer to that. We have been participating in this section. The special conditions are already mentioned in the post.
    drrao
    always confident

Here we go again....just today I requested not to take threads off-track (though the reason for that thread was different). If there is a suggestion to mention word limit for TOW, then it should have been raised in a separate thread. This is a contest announcement and only entries should be posted in the thread or a genuine query related to the contest (like we have new members asking about how to get a link to the contest entry.)
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

@Dr.Rao, precisely my point why we need clarification, If some submits a good thread like an essay or a lenghty one and it does not win a prize, then there would be a reason to complain. Again, if any post has the potential of 40-60 points or cc, then it should have clear guidelines so that nobody assumes or presumes the guidelines. Agree with Mr.Partha, at least newcomers should know the limit.

Unlike normal Forum posts which are required to be concise or brief, ToW posts are different. So, it is necessary to indicate the word-limit. Otherwise, very brief threads would be posted as already seen in this contest. My response is not to criticise the concerned Editor. It is a genuine request.

Everyone!! Read response #621471, please.
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

My entry for the contest,
    The hidden jewel in my heart

Regards,
    ar
    "If things go wrong, don’t go with them"

My humble entry for the contest:-

Who is the real jewel?

My entry for the contest

Smile is a precious jewel that shines bright

Here is my entry
    Real jewels Stale jewels

Live life Kingsize!

My entry for this unique competition

The ignored jewels of modern families.

my entry

In a jewel which is family, Grandparents are most precious gemstone

"It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

My submission is "Poems are jewels of literature".
    I am sorry I could not make this a 'clickable link'.

T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member ISC

T.M.Sankaran,

If you are unable to give a direct link, please provide the URL at least, so that your entry's specific page is known to the jury panel. Simply putting the title in your response would not be of much help, as it would mean trying to locate it via your scoreboard.

The link to my entry to this contest is given below.

The best conduct is not second to any jewel.

drrao
    always confident

My entry for this TOW contest is at -
    Who is the jewel of your friend circle?

Knowledge is power.

My entry for the contest is

Knowledge is the only jewel that follows you till death

Regards
    Chitra
    "Do not give up, things might not favour you always"

Here is my Entry for this TOW cintest.

My Entry Thread

I give below the link to my entry to this TOW contest:
    Thiruvabharanam- the sacred jewels adorning Sabarimala Ayyappa once in a year

My entry for the contest is :
    Mother is the best jewel of the family

Honesty is the best policy.

Please find my entry for the contest below:

Unlock that hidden jewel in your child

A historic fiction with a jewel as my protagonist.

jewel around the world

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

A precautionary post with respect to jewel. It is a reminder to the known fact.

Jewels on kids are dangerous - Precaution

Sri Vetri
    Spread Positivism

My TOW entry :
    Me alone a jewel to myself

No life without Sun

Jewel is precious one in the world whether it is formed as any ornament. But, it has a nature that to attract our eyes to it. What about our mind? To our mind, there are several modes to manipulate the characteristics of a feeling attached to an event, thing and moment. To determine the exact meaning of jewel through taking various components other than real jewellery. A smile on the face is very precious jewel. That smile improves our health. Health is the most valued jewel on this world. No other thing could compete it. Below link is some more about the topic on jewel.
    Real meaning of jewel in broad sense

Here is my link for the contest,

The Jewel that adorned his face

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.