You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Festivals

Thyagaraja Aradhana festival is on at Thiruvaiyaru on 2nd January

Saint Thyagaraja is named for Bakthi through Music. He spent his whole life for Bakthi though he lived in a poor status. He never expected anything from anybody through his life. He lived as an example for Bakthi. He uttered Rama Nama as his breath.
    His songs on Rama and other Hindu Gods are very famous. Though his lyrics were in Telugu,all songs are being sung by almost all language singers without any bias. His songs were written and sung by him by his experience and with a full taste.
    He was offered by the King with ornaments etc., but he refused to accept by singing a song as,nidhi saala sukhamaa, Raamu nin sannidhi saala sukhamaa.
    On 2nd January his 171st Aradhana festival is being celebrated for five days at Thiruvaiyaru, Tanjore district of Tamilnadu. Where we, the visitors can get free food for their ears through music, songs of Thyagaraja sung by different musicians from all parts of our country. Tamil nadu Governor Shri purohit start this function by lighting lamp.
    Many mucisions like Jesudoss, Bombay Jayshree, Kadri Gopalnath, Mahathi, Nithyasree Mahadevan, Sivachidambaram, sudha Raghunathan,flute Balachandran are participating and rendering a great feast to music lovers. On 6th pancharatna kritis are being sung by all artists collectively which will be a great thing for music lovers.
    Let us hear his songs and love music with the inner meaning of Bakthi.
    Thyagaraja Aradhana festival is being conducted every year in Tamilnadu. Really it is a good feast for all the music lovers. We can enjoy different songs written by this great devotee of Lord Rama, The author has given a good information about the event. In my childhood and college days, every day in All India Radio we used to get the musical concert by many famous musicians and my grandparents' used tune in these programs without fail. The persons who can spare sometimes and have a good ear for classical music can think of staying a day or two at this venue during this program.
    drrao
    always confident

I remember my grandfather taking about it and visiting it. I've never been to this classic musical festival. I believe, rending of the pancharatna kritis is the most anticipated event of the festival. I hope the arrangements are made for safe water and lodging during these cold winter nights and early mornings for the senior citizens.

It would be treat to watch the rendition of so many music maestros in tandem at the yearly Thyagaraya festivals and blessed are those who participate and listen to the musical vocal delight of the season.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments