You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Fun and celebration today has become more about photos/ selfies only.

Youth today enjoys the fun and new year/ any celebration is almost all about just photos and selfies.
    And in the photo session, they often forget to do really funny acts and have fun or enjoy. So how did you celebrate your new year? Only restricted it to pictures or had real fun? Please share your experience.
    Yes the new year celebrations are one more reason for every one including youth to go crazy and take as much images of their happy moments and share them in the social media which has happened a plenty.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

There are no separate celebrations for me for the new year. Today is Monday and start another week. I have to be in the office and start attending my work. So no photoshops or no selfies. It will be like any other week beginning.
    drrao
    always confident

I find these people annoying. "Oh you look good,let's take a selfie". It was supposed to be 'a selfie' but girls especially empty the battery or fill up their gallery.
    They lose all the moments.

I kindly ask people to limit their narcism.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

My main motto during any party or celebration is to dance. So, I enjoy as needed and as everyone announces the time for the dance. Rest, I also take part in fun games. Some pictures are needed to be clicked. But should be limited to some only, not so much busy in selfies.
    Do what inspires you !!

Maybe, it's a case of them being immature enough to understand the importance of the moment or it's a case of us being rigidly mature enough not to understand the changing trend. We have had a simple pooja, then carried on with our works, so far NO selifes for us.
    I find today's youth at New Year Celebration and adults to an extent at functions all focussing on the photos and selfies, rather than focussing on the occasion of sharing joy and happiness. People are eager to gather around, are bubbling with excitement and come decked up in layers, just when you think it's going to be a fun-filled event, you see people tilting their heads and trying to fit into a selfie with various angles. A group selfie or two is fine but the entire time is (mis)used for the selfie sessions.
    It is even more embarrassing to see young people in groups or as pairs at temples trying to get a selfie with the idol in the background. Even this morning, I witnessed two people trying out a selfie at 10 AM, they willfully forget the pointed stares given by adults and senior citizens around them.

@Natarajan: Even I feel very irritated when I see people taking pictures at temples or holy places. It looks like as if they are showing off that they pray to God regularly.
    Nowadays even the elders along with youngsters take God's pictures while doing worship on any occasion like Diwali or any festival, they click pictures and post them on social media. Showing every little step of the pujas in those pictures does not make sense at all.

Do what inspires you !!

We would like to have some snaps as souvenir and reference to recall. However when anything goes in excess that becomes a spoil.

Selfie spirit has gone to such an extent that now psychologists term it as addiction and abnormal when it goes beyond a specific number of selfies taken and posted in social media on a day..

Taking pictures at various places followed by selfie has become a craze and some people are addicted to it. Eventually, few photos remain there as many duplicates or less meaningful are to be deleted to make a place for new acquisitions.

Even one photo of a function or celebration is sufficient as a memoir if taken with care and precision. The multiple photos are a nuisance to manage in your gadget and you never get them when you really want to send them or refer or share with someone.

Every addiction requires a hard determination for its eradication and this one is no exception.

Knowledge is power.

• Sign In to post your comments