You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Have you ever received the greetings from Union Ministers ?

This is what I like from the Modi government. He has good team of Ministers who have earned the pride of having close contacts with the ordinary citizens and thus the Modi administration has the niche created for itself for being people friendly in many aspects. In my mail box I was surprised to receive the new year greetings from the Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad. That was the good gesture from the Minister to exchange pleasantries with ordinary citizen like me when he has so much busy schedule in daily life. Thanks Minister.
    Here is the greetings received from the Minister.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Delete Attachment

You should ask yourself an important question: how did the Ministry get hold of your email ID? Do you know this Minister personally? Have you ever communicated via email to this Ministry or the Minister?

It is all a marketing gimmick to self-promote the Govt., likely a standard email sent to lots of other people. I doubt it is "to exchange pleasantries with ordinary citizen like me"!!

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Glad that a new year e card is sent to you by the Union Minister but it would be a bulk generic message sent to numerous people across the country by someone working in the office of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology. The minister may not know you personally or sent it personally to you BUT it gives a good feeling, like a fan taking a selfie with a movie star even though the fan knows the the movie star will not even remember what he or she spoke to them. But, for those few minutes they feel happy. It is part of the changing image of Politicians and ministers who like to stay connected with the public on happy occasions. There's nothing wrong in it as long as privacy is not breached (difficult to assess). As to how he got the email ID, his title and ministry makes it a cake walk to get any mail ID or communication that we receive or send.

There is nothing to wonder about. The minister has a team who will do the job for him. In this technologically advanced communication world, one original can reach many millions. That too, by a minister who is holding the information technology department. Did any other Union minister do it ? NO.
    No life without Sun

The question we are discussing here that a ordinary citizen receives a greeting card from Union Minister much to the surprise.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I agree that these are stereotype communications dished out to thousands of people, but still there is some momentary pleasure in receiving them.

I have also received greetings from the government and periodical communications from some ministries in the name of ministers.

Once I had sent complaint to the PM's office/website , after registering there, and since then I get some communications from the concerned public relations dept of PMO . I get email intimations about PM's "Mann Ki baath' etc. Similarly I am getting once in a while communications from Railway Ministry in the name of Railway minister.

I agree that these are stereotype communications dished out to thousands of people who had registered their names and email address on the government sites or ministry web sites at some context.

However I welcome such communications as we get to know things and remain updated on many things.which otherwise we would not have taken efforts to know.
    Just as LIC, other insurance companies, banks, MFs, shops, online shopping portals etc send us greetings and communications these also give at least a momentary importance to us.j

These are all bulk messages. They are being sent to a number addresses. These days this government is sending some updated to the person who registered their mails with the particular site. I have been getting emails form my govt.com. I personally know the ex Kakinada MP. Sri. Pallam Raju, who was a minister in Manmohan Singh government. His secretary was sending new year greeting cards on behalf of the minister. I received almost 5 or 6 years from him. My brother in law was very active in Congress party in East Godavari District of Andhra Pradesh. That is how I know the then minister personally.
    Our ex president Abdul Kalam used to respond personally to some important mails sent by people to him. I once received a reply from him for one of my emails regarding some issue.

drrao
    always confident

Great to know! Though, it is not be sent by Minister personally however it will indeed feel good to get such e-mails.
    Actually, whenever someone is connecting some government website, their email id get saved and thus they use it for future reference. The same thing which is been described by Mr. Venkiteswaran as how he has got connected with PMO. Not everyone one can get such message and that is why it has been sent to people those who are in touch with such websites.

Yes, it may look marketing gimmick but an interesting start from the government office. People say we must be happy with small-small things which comes in our life. So why not we enjoy it to have such e-mails!

Congratulations to you Mr. Mohan.

I have also received SMS message of Happy New Year from Ravi Shankar Prasad. It doesn't matter, Ravi Shankar Prasad is chosen by us. Although he is a humble politician. He promotes many programs in Bihar. I have attended a program of Viklang Seva Manch, where he announced that Govt. of India is running programs for digital literacy of Dibyang.
    In his tenure, many programs of digital literacy are running. May God Bless Him.

Service to mankind is service to God.

I have also received same greeting on my email ID.
    Honesty is the best policy.

• Sign In to post your comments