You must Sign In to post a response.
(This thread is the Winner of the TOW contest for the week 31st Dec’17 – 6th Jan’18 on topic Jewel )
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Smile is a precious jewel that shines bright

What is more beautiful and attractive than a precious gem? I would say 'Smile' because it is the most precious jewel a person can wear on their face. Even if you wear multiple ornaments made of gold, silver and diamond, only a happy smile on the face gives a beautiful and an attractive look to a person. The smile is not a reflection of inner joy; it is a powerful radiation which spreads love, peace, and happiness.

In this fast-moving world, so many people forget to smile because of work pressure, stress and other personal burdens that exist in their life. There are few people who keep on thinking and worrying about their future and fail to smile in their daily life. Smiling even at difficult times, create a sense of hope and positivity within us. Having a sad or frown face will not give an appealing look to the face and also will create a sulky environment to the person around us. But if we wear a smile on the face, then automatically the environment will look pleasant and the people or strangers around us will also feel a kind of happiness creeping into them.

Not everyone in this world can easily afford to buy the precious stones or jewelry made of diamond or platinum. But the smile is a unique and a precious jewel gifted by God to make everyone shine in this world. Smile not only makes our face to glow but also creates a glowing face to the one whom we smile at.

The smile on the face is like a jewel in the crown. So, let us smile and shine!

TOW Entry
    True.The smile on the face adds value to us. The smile is very good for a good health.It gives more joy to you as well as for the person observing you. So always it is a good gesture to have a smile on your face. The author has brought this concept nicely in the post. Even gold ornaments or jewellery can't bring you that much happiness to the person. Your Ornaments can be stolen by somebody but the smile on your face can't be taken away by anyone.
    drrao
    always confident

Mr. Srinivasa Rao, Thanks for your appreciation.
    Like someone stealing the valuable ornaments, even sometimes some difficult situation arises unexpectedly and steals the smile on our face. But it is purely based on our mindset on how we overcome our difficult situation and bring the stolen precious jewel back to our face. Even if the smile gets lost in the dark, humans have the power to find the lost smile and make it shine again.

A very apt use of the word jewel. a genuine smile with a set of good teeth or even a toothless smile is a universal sign of joy, warmth, and love. A good smile reflects the good thoughts and mood of the person and can easily brighten the surroundings and at least makes a few more people smile also. Blessed are those who can smile when faced with adversity, it shows the depth of character and confidence of such people who have the hope that they can overcome all difficulties. Children are known to smile a lot and more often when compared to adults, hence are happier than adults.

Smile is not easy to anyone. Why I am saying this is it is a God gift. It is difficult for me to smile even infront of my life because no chance is left to me to spend the life to smile for single minute. That means I have no time to be in merry movements. After coming home, I spend the time for household activities. Whenever our minds free from all stressful things, then we feel the movements to please. In such situations only smile will be coming on lips.

Rightly said by the author. Smile always enhances our face value. It not only benefits us in long run but also electrifies the opposite person also to reciprocate. Even photographers would insist us to keep a smiling face while giving a pose to a photo. Such is the importance of smile. I have seen that those who smile often wont get any disease as they forget all their woes and keep smiling with others and thus the whole environs would be so soothing and refreshing. One thing is sure those who smile does not have any inner agenda in themselves. They spread the happiness of life by smiling which has to be reciprocated.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I observed the people in cities who allotted the time to laughing specially. Artificial laughing may not give benefit to us. Any smile that is to be come from the heart. For that, mind is to be from all tensions and stress. It is better to watch comedy movies than action movie to keep smile on our face without forgetting about it. One thing to remember always that health is more important than wealth. If we realise it we know the value of jewel 'smike'.

Yes, I completely agree with the author that smile is the most precious jewel of all the ornaments one wears. Even if a person is wearing lot of expensive and beautiful jewels but has sadness on his/her face the lustre of the ornaments looks negligible, on the other hand even if the person is very simple and walk with smile and humbleness on his/her face this jewel throws very high brightness, lustre and impression on the person in front.
    "It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

I appreciate the way author has connected the concept of wearing a smile with the jewel and I completely agree with the lines that smile is the most precious jewel of all the ornaments one wears. Even if a person is wearing lot of expensive and beautiful jewels but has sadness on his/her face the lustre of the ornaments looks negligible, on the other hand even if the person is very simple and walk with smile and humbleness on his/her face this jewel throws very high brightness, lustre, and an impression on the person in front.
    "It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

My appreciation goes to the author for inculcating the word 'Jewel' in the right context. Yes, a smile is a jewel that shines better than any gemstone. But sometimes people find it difficult use that shining gem of theirs. Maybe due to the busy life, they are forgetting to smile. Never forget to smile as it brightens up your ace and adds a glow to it. No diamond can give you that glow.
    Regards
    Chitra
    "Do not give up, things might not favour you always"

A smile is a real jewel for everyone. It makes life lovely and exciting. A smile minimizes tension.
    If someone is sad, you bring a smile to their face by bringing them a chocolate or hugging them tightly. The smile will fill their heart with happiness.
    A smile is the most beautiful gesture. Keep it to yourself always.

Do what inspires you !!

I agree with the thread title.Smile is a jewel that can shine even in darkness. It is one of the best ornaments one can wear. A pleasantly greeting smile will be the first appeal of a person that reaches others. All others ornaments come next only.

• Sign In to post your comments