You must Sign In to post a response.
Here's a wonderful opportunity once again to write a chapter for an ISC e-book. Topic? Keep guessing! For now, just register in this thread and be ready to unleash your writing skills soon...
  • Category: Reward Programs

E-book contest January 2018 - registrations invited

Let's begin 2018's contests with an e-book. Excited? Register your name in a response to this thread, just saying that you would like to participate.

What happens next? When the e-book contest is announced with a title, you have to write a chapter for it, in the order in which you responded here. So if you responded fourth, you will write the fourth chapter. If the previously registered member has not submitted his/her chapter within the time-frame given of 24 hours, then you will write the chapter (so that would be chapter 3). To make it easy to follow who is to write which chapter, I will provide a list of 5 or 6 registered members at a time in a response to this thread itself.

The e-book title & relevant instructions will be mentioned in the contest announcement, this being posted on receiving 10 registered participants over here. As of now, no last date is being put here for the closing of registration.

For suggestions & questions you may respond in the E-book queries & suggestions thread.
    I will participate.
    Live life Kingsize!

I am also ready to participate and write the second chapter.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

I am willing to participate

Please consider my name for a chapter in turn in this first e book contest of the year.

I would like to participate, consider my name also.
    "It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

I am also interested in the contest. Please consider my name also for this contest.
    drrao
    always confident

I m interested in this contest. Please count me in.
    Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

I am interested and I won't miss the deadline this time.
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

I am also interested in the contest. I want to try it out this time.

Hi. I am interested to participate in this ebook contest. This is the first time, I participate in ISC contest. I am eager to utilize this opportunity in a best way. Add me in.
    Sri Vetri
    Spread Positivism

Please count me in.
    'Don't miss the Donut by looking through the hole'- Anonymous.

Glad to see 11 members registering for this e-book. Please see my suggestion in response #621751 in the queries thread to add a new aspect to the contest this time & give me your feedback on it in that thread.
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Madam,
    You can give me a chance to write a chapter, if you wish. And I shall try my best to give the best I can.

No life without Sun

I would like to make use of the opportunity given to write a chapter.i will definitely wait for the further details and conditions to be followed to write the e-book chapter.

Let's begin the first e-book of 2018! The order in which the members will write the first five chapters is as follows -
    Chapter 1: Joyshree
    Chapter 2: Partha
    Chapter 3: Neethu
    Chapter 4: Natarajan
    Chapter 5: Neelam

Note that in the main contest announcement thread itself, I will instruct each author to include a certain element in the chapter. So do not submit your chapter till I instruct which element to add.

Please read the instructions, too, about word limits, etc. Participants have often missed out on the main prizes due to not following instructions & thereby making their entry invalid.

The maximum word limit has been increased - as also the prize amount!

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

I have lost interest. Withdrawing my name from the contest.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

Partha - extremely disappointed to see you withdrawing from the contest.

The re-arranged list now is -
    Chapter 1: Joyshree
    Chapter 2: Neethu
    Chapter 3: Natarajan
    Chapter 4: Neelam
    Chapter 5: Dr. Rao

Joyshtree failed to submit the entry within the time limit. Hence Neethu will now write the opening chapter.

Acknowledged

Since Partha opted out can I get a second chance.
    Live life Kingsize!

Joyshree,

You can write a chapter after the last registered member so far, which is Pramilakapahi. However, since you failed to submit your chapter, your entry will not be eligible for the main awards.

Vandana, in #621870 above you has said: "The maximum word limit has been increased - as also the prize amount!".

So what is the revised word limit and prize amount? Is it same as mentioned in contest announcement thread?

Chapter Two submitted a few mintues back with a rough drawing.

Oh yay, another e-book contest! I'd love to participate if registration is still open. :)
    ~~~~
    Tahi
    ~~~~
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

As registrations are still invited for participating in the e-book contest, I want to put my name forward to participate in the next chapter of the e-book contest. Please count my name too.

Jignesh - this thread is for registrations only. There is a separate query thread. However, will answer your query here - yes, it is mentioned in the contest announcement thread. The maximum word limit was not revised within the same announcement. It was increased from the previous contest's limits is what I meant. Prizes also changed.

Tahi & Suman - your registrations are accepted. Registrations will close on 8th January, midnight (IST.) You both will come after Pramilakapahi since Joyshree will not be participating.

Tahi - please do not put smiley symbols & avoid words like 'yay'.

The next lot of authors after Dr. Rao (who will submit the fourth chapter) are -
    Chapter 5: Padmini
    Chapter 6: Aditya
    Chapter 7: Jignesh
    Chapter 8: Srimathi

I would like to participate in this contest. Kindly consider my name and instruct me accordingly.
    Dr. Paresh B. Gujarati.
    Mechanical Engineer.
    'I'mprovement always begins with 'I'.

Paresh, welcome to the e-book contest! You will submit a chapter after Suman so follow this thread to know the chapter number assigned to you. You also need to follow the contest announcement thread daily so that you keep track of the story & know from my response in that thread what you need to include in your chapter. Happy writing!

I have submitted chapter three with element of mystery added to it.
    "It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

Madam,
    Owing to some unpleasant event in my family, I won't be able to write a chapter for the e-book during the next 16 days. Hence, I am withdrawing my name from the Cuckoo-Clock's e-book Contest. Hope to participate in future e-book contests.

No life without Sun

Sun - noted. Hoping to see you in the next contest.

Chapter five submitted at 9.55AM on 09.01.2018.
    The sketch is posted in the separate response (I apologize for that).
    The document attached to the chapter five response is attached wrongly and I request the concerned editor to delete the same.

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

Padmini- the document has been deleted as per your request.

With registrations closed, the remaining chapters' authors are as follows -
    Chapter 9: Saji Ganesh
    Chapter 10: pramilakapahi
    Chapter 11: Tahi
    Chapter 12: Suman Sahu
    Chapter 13: Paresh Gujarati (Final chapter)

This registration thread will now be locked. The other queries' thread will remain open for communication for contest-related aspects.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.