The Cuckoo Clock E-book contest - write a chapter, win a prize!With great enthusiasm here's the announcement of the first e-book of 2018! Anybody who wishes to participate is requested to first register for the contest so that a chapter number can be assigned to you. For clarifying any aspect of the contest, submit your queries here
The title of the e-book: The Cuckoo Clock
1. Submit the chapter in the order of registration in a response in this thread, of minimum 200 words and maximum 350 words only. No chapter title is required, but please mention your chapter number at the start of your response. If you wish, you can give one link (not more) to any related internal page of ISC (any section.).
2. Submit your entry in English only. In the chapter which you submit, you can include mystery, humour, even romance! No slang words or inappropriate language is allowed. You are not to edit your chapter once submitted, as it will create confusion to the next participant if you suddenly change something. However, you can correct typo errors within your time limit.
3. The time limit is 24hrs. (IST) from the time I mention which element you need to include in your chapter. So, for example, if I say "Add a purple object" at 2p.m. today, then you need to submit your chapter by 2p.m. tomorrow.
4. Please do not take the story off-track. Write it in such a manner that it picks up nicely from the previous chapter, at the same time giving the next author a chance to work on it, too, properly. Do not create confusion by changing the name of an already existing character. However, you may include a new character if relevant to your chapter.
5. Conversations/dialogues can be included.
6. Those good in sketching are welcome to submit a sketch (or even a self-taken photo) as an attachment to their chapter. However, this is not mandatory.
Note: If you fail to submit your chapter within the given 24hr-timeframe, then the next person in line will take it up.
Do not make any comments or give any feedback on any of the chapters submitted by participants. You may do so later, in the winners' announcement thread.
1. The authors of the two best chapters will each receive an award of Rs.200/- and the virtual gift of the certificate of creativity.
2. Second prizes (Two) Rs.150/- + virtual gift of appreciation.
3. Third prize (Two): Rs. 100 each + virtual gift of fresh flowers.
4. A consolation prize may be given if the quality of entries are really good.
4. All participants will receive enhanced points & cash credits as per the quality of the entry. Winners will get 10 points to their entry, but no cc for it as their main prizes will be credited to their profile account.