You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Requests

Want to edit my old articles

Request the following articles be made available for editing. I want to add new info and perhaps a few images to the articles and resubmit them.

Healthy Rawa cookies
    Homemade fish pickle
    Homemade veg stuffed buns
    Weightloss tips
    Applying for F1 Students Visa to the US
    Juana, your request has been put up to the concerned section. Please wait for a response.
    'Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment'- Lao Tzu

Juana,

The articles are open for edits. I would suggest that any old article (more than 6 months old) which is fetching good traffic should be republished. When you click on the republish feature, you will automatically be able to edit it. I also suggest that you add AdSense units as likely the old articles will not have them. You could add one AdSense unit for short articles and two for longer articles. Check your AdSense account to know which ad unit is getting good earnings & put those.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Vandana,

Thank you for your guidance. I will follow your advice. In fact, I have implemented it, in the weight loss article that is now republished. Thanks again.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

Juana,

I checked the article, but it does not have the fresh date, which would be the case if it was republished. It is still showing the date of 2011. Please confirm if you only edited the article via the edit button and did not click on the republish button first.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

I just edited it, since it was made available for editing. Is there a way to republish it?
    "A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

If an article is made available for editing, but you wish to republish it, then you must first hit the republish button and then you will automatically be able to edit it. See if hitting the republish button works post the edit & let us know.

In any case, the 'republish' option is not available for editing. It just republishes the article. For editing articles, a request has to be made. A message to that effect popped up when I tried editing this article on Republic Day. The article got republished, with today's date stamp, but I am unable to edit it. There are a few relevant details that I want to add to the article, kindly release it for editing.

"The status of this resource is 'NewSubmission'. Only approved articles can be republished." That is the message that popped up.

Juana,

I have reopened the Republic Day article for editing. With regard to the message, it appeared because you edited the article first. I think, though, that I am wrong in believing that an article is automatically opened for editing once you republish it. If it has been locked by an editor, then likely you cannot edit it, as is proved by your Republic Day article. I will confirm the republish to automatic edit possibility with the Webmasters.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.