You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

SuN's mystery at ISC

Dear ISC and my fellow members,
    I had a mystery at ISC with my good photo vanishing from my profile page. I had uploaded my profile photo ( with my winter wear - a monkey cap). It was an excellent photograph which received appreciation from many members. I thought of changing my profile summer photo from First of April 2018. The photo is now missing. How it got vanished? I don't know. It is a mystery to me.

Can the editor concerned explain this mystery in detail?

@ The photo has been reloaded by me as suggested by ME and Mohan
    Sorry, I haven't deleted nor it is a mischief by my colleagues! I doubt Webmaster Tony too can't help you. Try to check it yourself.
    Regards,
    Jagdish

No SuN, I didn't do it. After all it is your personal choice.
    'Don't miss the Donut by looking through the hole'- Anonymous.

Sun,

As far as I am aware, only the admin. has access to profile photos. I will request the Webmasters to check it out. I would suggest that you simply upload the photo again.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Yes your photo was visible till recently and now it is not to be seen. Just check up whether some one from your side has removed it. Why should ISC remove your profile photo when they are not concerned about it ?
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

If the WM Tony has deleted it with due justification, I will not upload it again. Yet I will seek clarification. If the WM is innocent, I would reload the photo.
    No life without Sun

Now also you can reload the photo as the image content is blank and you can once again have a watch as to how the photo gets deleted for no action from ISC ?
    K Mohan

Okay Mohan. I shall do it and see it.
    No life without Sun

Thanks for heeding to my advise and your monkey cap photo is adoring the pages of your mentions elsewhere in this site.
    K Mohan

Hi, Sun, I think, the problem got resolved. Because, I could see the picture of yours in your profile. Apt photo for this winter.
    Sri Vetri
    Spread Positivism

Srimathi,
    My problem is still a mystery. Someone hijacked my photo and made me disappear from the site. But I took birth again in the same form and joined my ISC profile page.

No life without Sun

It is good that you have reloaded the same picture. No necessity for anyone to hijack the photo of an individual. If there is any technical flaw that might have come up by this time. Anyhow it is Ok. Sometimes it happens like this. Accidentally all my Gmail emails got deleted even from trash also. There are some important emails. So I contacted the sender's and requested them to send again. They have sent it. Now also I don't know how it happened.
    drrao
    always confident

If my post is felt as an intrusion or interference into anything, it may be deleted. But let me put my frank opinion here .

The editors or Managing Editor could have avoided replying individually. SuN had not pin pointed any one editor. Then why should an editor come out and take a bail saying 'it was not me'? Why should an editor panic and try to rebut the open allegation? Such kind of reaction and response will only add to create unwanted doubts.

I feel it would have been sufficient and proper, for any one from editorial team, who saw the thread, responded as 'we have taken up this matter with the editorial team/WM to know the cause of the issue.We shall revert soon . Until then members please do not post responses'. However the alternate suggestion was proper.

Vacillation, jumping to reaction and then retraction-all these should be curtailed in ISC .

Sun,

We won't be able to allow the photo you are currently using in the profile since such a photo doesn't provide the purpose and also it gives a wrong impression about the identity of the person. So I request you to replace the photo,

regards,
    Tony John
    Webmaster - IndiaStudyChannel.com

Mr. Tony John,
    It is better to have something rather than having nothing. It is better to have some identity rather than having no identity. While ISC can permit a male member with a hidden identity with no photo of the member but of a different face, and doesn't provide the purpose, how come my photo with a winter wear gives a wrong impression?

I really don't understand the double standard of ISC WM. And also, what is the purpose provided by having a profile photo?

The real identity of a person is his/her eyes and the fingerprints. No one looks for the nose/ear/mouth/cheek/chin/teeth for any identification purpose. In that manner, my eyes are very clear in my image. It is SuN's eye. What else do you require?

There are also profile photos of members which have been far clicked and the face is not clearly seen and not identifiable. What you do?

[The last sentence has been deleted -in poor taste]

No life without Sun

More than nine hours has passed. Yet there is no response from the WM. Expecting a justified response # 622439 from WM Tony John to comply with his request to change my profile photo.

@ Edr. Jagdish Patro - Your words "I doubt Webmaster Tony too can't help you." What do you say now?
    @@ Update at 0001/11 Jan: More than 12 hours passed. No response is forthcoming from WM.
    @@@ Update at 1440 /11 Jan: More than 27 hours has lapsed. Yet there is no response
    from the concerned. Why no response?
    @@@@: Update at 2245/11 Jan: More than 36 hrs passed. No response from WM.
    @@@@@: Update at 2200/12 Jan: Nearly 60 hours. No response from WM.

No life without Sun

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.