You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Friendship is a feel, not deal

I think almost everyone will agree with the title.
    It was actually a part of message I received in Whatsapp today. On reading I felt goose pimples, because I could 'feel' the feeling of friendship.

We all know that between or among true friends there is no caste, religion, geography or language barrier. Between real friends there is only one language-the feeling of friendship; only one caste, religion-that of mutual feel; only one geography- that of need.

In real friendship no conditions , no ifs and buts are involved.A good friend is always at call. There is no deal, only a tremendous feel and urge to be of mutual help and support. Just as the superficial ash suppresses the amber below,even the long gap of time and distance cannot douse the deep feel of friendship. They will be revived the moment we meet or contact again.

To know what is the real 'feel' of friendship, the best example is that of Sreekrishna and Sudama(Kuchela). I proves that friendship transgresses or transcends all the normal limitations including status and designation.

Those are blessed who are still able to continue with their childhood and school days friends. Are you still having connect and contact with your childhood/primary school/ high school friends?
    To find a true and everlasting friend is a very difficult thing. There is a saying..
    "Friendship is not about people who act true to your face.
    It's about people who remain true behind your back. "
    We come across many people and they become our friends in no time.. There are instances of close friends cheating each other or getting jealous. True friends are hard to find .A true friend is one who remains beside you always. It is not necessary that he or she is physically present. There should be an emotional bonding as well.
    Each one of us need a friend..they say walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.

Normally we think that friendship should be on reciprocal policy and that implies that friendship should be a deal and not a feel. But when we actually move with some friends who were so concerned about our welfare and health that they keep on visiting us and do some sort of help either with cash or kind. Such friends are true friends and they actually make us to feel the friendship. On the record every one would admit that all of them to who we are talking are not the friends and which whom we feel like exchanging our personal views and problems are the real friend and his or her bonding would be lasting for ever. Now a days there is a new trend to introduce a friend of a friend. Some times such people would fit into our groove and many a a time we have to discard them for their wrong behaviour.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

A very nicely presented thread. Yes, friendship is a feel not a deal. But that still doesn't mean that people aren't expecting. Even friends have expectations among them.
    That cannot be denied.
    It is very hard to find true friendship nowadays.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Yes, I agree that friendship is to feel, not a deal but not completely because that's not the case always. Sometimes people call themselves our friends but they don't have anything to do with real friendship they are there just for some selfish motives i.e, there is a saying that "a friend in need is a friend indeed". So one should choose his friends with caution and think once about the person's behaviour before getting attached to that a person. So it is not always about the feel for some it becomes a deal and one should be aware of such sycophants and selfish people around one who call themselves one's friend.
    "It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

Friendship is a feeling. 100% I agree. Friendship never expects anything from the other side and gives always 100% what can be given will be given. A true friendship is really selfless. The great Karna knows that they are going to lose the battle he stood for Duryodhana until his last moment. That is friendship. A good post by the author. When we see somebody for the first time we feel like having the friendship with him and that friendship will grow automatically. But some people try to take advantage of another person in the guise of friendship. I never accept that as a real friendship. Friend should understand the problems of his friend and help him to come out of woods. He need not ask you for your help. But you should give your best to him as a best friend. A friend in need is a friend indeed. No expectations from a friend are the real meaning of friendship.
    always confident

I feel that friendship, like any close relationship, does have a deal aspect on one count: trust. It is not a deal in the sense of a formal agreement or a sort of official binding contract, but one of mutual understanding. When you have that deal, you will feel it, too.
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

A lovely thread must say. Friendship is a feel and really not a deal. It runs on trust, love, support, care, understanding and much more. Friends are those people, whom we do not need to explain anything, they can see it through our expressions, and read it from their heart.
    Friends are a precious part of our life. We share our life with them. We can shout at them, and still, they will be with us forever.

Do what inspires you !!

• Sign In to post your comments