You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Should we link our Aadhaar number with our Credit Card?

Members,
    I am holding an SBI credit card. I am receiving SMS to link my Aadhaar number with my credit card number. The message says if I do not link my Aadhaar number, my card would become inactive. The deadline given was 31 Dec 2018. Should I do it or ignore it? What is the last date to link Aadhaar with Credit Card? Any views/comments/suggestion/advice?
    Mr. Sun. If you have not yet done that, I think you can still do it.
    You can once call the customer care people and confirm from their end. As it is mandatory, you must link it to the credit card too.

Do what inspires you !!

By the way debit cards and credits cards are issued by the banks and they are already linked with our mobile number and therefore there should not be any issue linking your Aadhaar with credit card.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Members,
    I don't trust and act on SMS received over my Mobile phone. So far I received 3 SMS asking me to link my Aadhaar number by an SMS to a particular number. I ignored all the messages and got them deleted.

Today, after getting the response from the members, I logged into my SBI Credit Card account online and linked my Aadhar number successfully by filling up the required column 'Link Your Aadhaar(New)'

Very Many Thanks.

No life without Sun

All bank accounts are to be linked to Aadhaar card. All phones are to be linked to Aadhaar card. PAN is to be linked to Aadhaar card. So there is no harm in linking credit cards also with Aadhaar. I Use regularly standard chartered Credit Card.So far I have not submitted my KYC to them or they have not even asked me. I don't know they may ask now or after some time as still there is time.
    drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments