You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Rajamani,associate in Netaji squad left this world.

Rajamani named 90 years old brave lady died at Chennai. She was honoured with National Flag cover. She born in 1927 in Rangoon. Her father, a tamil, seriously participated in freedom war in India against British. By the hindrance of British he run to Burma. He brought up his daughter Rajamani as a male child. She was attracted by the speeches of Netaji Subash Chandra Bose. When Netaji collected fund for his force, rajamani offered her film and ornaments. She joined in the force with her friend and served well. As she got fired in her leg, she sent to Chennai by Netaji. Let us salute Rajamani madam,Jai Hind
    Great to read the sacrifices of Rajamani and the determination to fight against the British force was indeed adorable. Sorry to note that she is no more. My respects to her.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

My respect to the great soul. May the soul of this gallant and courageous lady rest in eternal peace.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Many freedom fighters who struggled for the country's independence were not known to the people.It is good we came to know about Rajamani, who assisted Nethaji in the freedom fight. My respects to the great lady for her service to the nation. May her soul rest in peace.
    Thanks to the author for this informative thread.

drrao
    always confident

I must admit my ignorance, another unsung hero brought to my knowledge, thanks to the author. Our sincere respects and condolences to Rajamani (who stood against the British) who passed away yesterday at Chennai.
    I just read a little more about her. She belonged to one of the richest Indian families in Rangoon. Netaji, upon receiving the jewels from this young girl, went to return it back. She was adamant for it to be used for the Independence struggle, hearing this Netaji is said to have named her as Saraswathi Rajamani. She was also the youngest spy in the INA.

• Sign In to post your comments